anyone know someone who killed themselves ?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jun 2016, 6:15 am

I have read that people on the spectrum consider it more frequently then the general population, but do not remember what it said about the rate of actual suicides.

I've known 3 people who did it, but none were autistic as far as I know.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 8:23 am

Yes, an in-law hanged himself, a classmate killed herself around the age of 14, and another classmate of mine that I was very close to in later life hanged himself ten years ago. That one particularly devastated me as we had become close yet he never revealed any inclination toward doing what he did. I had no idea.

I also have no idea if any of these people were on the spectrum, or if they were they were undiagnosed or undisclosed. I have my ideas about the in-law, who had many clear issues.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2016, 4:06 pm

I had perhaps, one of the closes friends, I've ever had in my entire life, commit suicide from a drug overdose. I only knew him for 6 months when attending a boarding school. I tried to connect with him a few years later, only to have his parents tell me that he killed himself. BTW: his parents where millionaires and owned a small company.

Back in the 90's. I had a small freelance Private Investigation thing going. I only did spouse cheating cases with my P.I operation. Out of the 60 cases I did over a 7 year period. 4 of my clients committed suicide as a result of learning about their spouses cheating on them.

BabbityRabbity
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jun 2016, 7:38 pm

I knew one person who did, and two that I know of who have attempted unsuccessfully. As far as I know, none of them were or are autistic.

Tiankay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: 3rd Street on the right, just after the event horizon...

08 Jun 2016, 8:21 pm

Yeah, 2. But i didnt really "knew" either of them. One was the fiance of a co-worker. I met him once, thought he was a weirdo, but definitly NT. He hung himself up in the woods.

Regarding the second one, I never met him when he was still alive, but i found him after he commited suicide in his car at around 12 AM when i was on my way to work. I was working night shifts by that time. He was a driving school teacher and crashed his driving school car against a massive tree. Was a pretty bad scene, the ripped out engine blocked laid on the other side of the street, his steering wheel was where the headrests should be, the driver could only be accessed from the backseat doors. When i arrived at the scene i thought maybe a driving student had a bad accident at a night training and i ran around the place looking for the missing co-driver/teacher. I learned that it was suicide weeks later...

Peace
TK