Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 10:41 am

What do people here think of moving home? Currently I live in a high rise flat. It has been my home for over 19 years and I am well settled. The local council are talking of regenerating the area which may mean demolishing the block of flats. My anxiety levels have shot up (a) because of the logistics/practicalities of a move and (b) because I regard my flat and the area nearby as my comfort zone.

I think what affects me most is the possibility of change.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 2:30 pm

Doesn't bother me.

I get used to a new place just as well as the last.

I have no problem house sitting for others etc.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 3:22 pm

firemonkey wrote:
What do people here think of moving home? Currently I live in a high rise flat. It has been my home for over 19 years and I am well settled. The local council are talking of regenerating the area which may mean demolishing the block of flats. My anxiety levels have shot up (a) because of the logistics/practicalities of a move and (b) because I regard my flat and the area nearby as my comfort zone.

I think what affects me most is the possibility of change.

that is a challenge

some find change difficult

do you have ppl that can help you cope/move?

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 3:51 pm

No family members or friends close by that could help quickly. It is one the potential situations I dread ie way above my organisational/practical pay grade.
In terms of professional organisations ie charities as I am not diagnosed with aspergers, dyspraxia etc I am not set up for help from those who would understand the potential issues involved given my problems.
The best the psychiatric team can do is to say " I have limited ability to live independently in the community" but that doesn't necessarily cover or acknowledge the problems that would be involved in a move. I think they are coming more from an ADL(activities of daily living) position.