Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 10:02 am

I propose we just remove the 7 day week - still view the "labels" of 'saturday' or 'friday' - but remove the mon-fri, 8-5 expected BS. Christ, if you work 8-5, yourself, all week, you miss everything.

I think society should just move freely with time. Afterall, there are a lot of people that like to sleep in. So, they can all work 3-11 or something, whatever they want to. 14:00-22:00? 15:00-1:00?

I think this will make a lot of people happier as they can work with their schedule. As well, with people flowing smoothly all day, traffic is more consistent and there aren't "8am" rush hours, unless 8am is a REALLY popular time for people :wink:

:?:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

18 Mar 2007, 10:57 am

Corvus wrote:
if you work 8-5, yourself, all week, you miss everything.
you got that right son, now you know why i dont work 40 hours a week

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 11:29 am

richardbenson wrote:
Corvus wrote:
if you work 8-5, yourself, all week, you miss everything.
you got that right son, now you know why i dont work 40 hours a week

No, I dont - I will when it covers your ass, old man (?)

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

18 Mar 2007, 1:50 pm

what are you talking about? old man???? im 26. that isnt old.

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 4:26 pm

Corvus wrote:
I propose we just remove the 7 day week - still view the "labels" of 'saturday' or 'friday' - but remove the mon-fri, 8-5 expected BS. Christ, if you work 8-5, yourself, all week, you miss everything.

Sounds good to me. Convince my employer of it, and we have a deal. ;)

(I work Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 4:30.)

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 5:10 pm

richardbenson wrote:

You called me son.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 5:10 pm

Xenon wrote:
Corvus wrote:

I'm right there with you, 8-5 though.. I work the typical though my employer is pretty lenient, well, as long as you come in between 6-9

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2007, 5:20 pm

Corvus wrote:

I think society should just move freely with time. Afterall, there are a lot of people that like to sleep in. So, they can all work 3-11 or something, whatever they want to. 14:00-22:00? 15:00-1:00?

I think this will make a lot of people happier as they can work with their schedule. As well, with people flowing smoothly all day, traffic is more consistent and there aren't "8am" rush hours, unless 8am is a REALLY popular time for people :wink:

:?:

I have no problem with getting rid of a meaningless convention, however, my concern is that perhaps that time is most convenient and most efficient because of the workings of certain businesses. I do hope for more employer lenience and better contracts that will allow for more societal efficiency but I do have concern as it may be that the system works as it does because of the need for certain amounts of people to reach efficiency. I mean, one has to remember that to a good extent most jobs work on a shift system where groups work in a certain shift. I definitely think that businesses would find it in their best interest to adapt to help employers as much as possible and think/hope that would help the businesses as well.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

18 Mar 2007, 5:49 pm

Corvus wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
you called me son.
oh,,,,,, you play the game well. maybe one day you can own it

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 12:09 am

Xenon wrote:
Corvus wrote:

psh, that's a light workload....try having to work 9-9 mon-sat.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 9:28 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
I have no problem with getting rid of a meaningless convention, however, my concern is that perhaps that time is most convenient and most efficient because of the workings of certain businesses. I do hope for more employer lenience and better contracts that will allow for more societal efficiency but I do have concern as it may be that the system works as it does because of the need for certain amounts of people to reach efficiency. I mean, one has to remember that to a good extent most jobs work on a shift system where groups work in a certain shift. I definitely think that businesses would find it in their best interest to adapt to help employers as much as possible and think/hope that would help the businesses as well.

My friend said he had this idea 6 years ago. He states that its how factories run themselves for the most efficiency. I figured we have the system setup the way we do because its more natural for humans

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 7:57 pm

I'd love this.

The big problem I have with normal jobs is I have DSPS. (Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome) in plain English that means I'm an extreme night owl.

If I could I'd sleep from 2 A.M. to 11 A.M and work from noon to 8 or 9 P.M.