Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

diablo77
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Apr 2015, 9:20 pm

So now the company, that seemed excited to do a second interview with me but hasn't taken any of my calls to confirm it, is posting craigslist ads. Maybe they need more than one person, but it makes me feel like they are looking for someone else because they are not going to hire me. I am paranoid that they have found out my last job fired me for social issues and possibly told them I am not fit to work in the field (disability support) but either way I am so scared they have moved on and don't want me anymore!

carthago
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2015, 11:11 pm

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Finding a job is a numbers game. Keep applying and try not to get tunnel vision about any one job in particular. And also, in the future, try keeping this all in one thread. You don't need to start a new thread for each new development.

diablo77
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Apr 2015, 11:18 am

Sorry. Well the good news is they did still interview me! It's a really long process though, now they want a working interview. And I hopefully didn't screw the one today up. It sucks that you can never actually tell if it went badly because the interviewers won't tell you or show it. But I'm staying hopeful!

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2015, 8:24 pm

diablo77 wrote:
Sorry. Well the good news is they did still interview me! It's a really long process though, now they want a working interview. And I hopefully didn't screw the one today up. It sucks that you can never actually tell if it went badly because the interviewers won't tell you or show it. But I'm staying hopeful!

Oh, that sounds promising. :)

sgparry
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Apr 2015, 10:03 am

If they didn't like you, they would not have interviewed today - Job interviews are extremely time consuming and expensive and most employers will only bring back a second round candidate if they are genuinely interested. First round candidates are often there not make the numbers up (especially in public sector jobs), to be seen to be going with procedure, but not second round.

Having said that, the employers will want to know they have the best possible candidate, so don't be too disappointed if they do find someone else to interview too. Think of it as throwing a dice. If you get a six this time, you've got the job. If not, you gave it your best shot, move on, try again.

Even if they do behave sh*tty, remember this process is about you finding the right employer too; who wants a job with an employer that's already stabbing you in the back before you even get the job?! !!

Re: references, I don't know about where you're from, but here in the UK, most big employers only give very minimal references - "we can confirm W worked here for X years as Y". Anything else is a court case or tribunal waiting to happen. In case of disputes it is often possible to trade an agreed reference for agreement not to got to tribunal. Plus many prospective employers (who are employees themselves at some point) appreciate that there are two sides to any story and want to make their own minds up about it. If they are worth working for that is!

Are you disclosing Aspergers?