Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Patrick64
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Apr 2015, 7:52 pm

Well, at 28, with rare only one time dates here and there still a virgin, no girlfriend. I had the worst social anxiety even online. So this is how the conversation went on

OKcupid:

Me: No wonder the sky is grey today, all the blue is in your eyes. (copied a pickup line from google)
Her: Aww, that's very sweet! :)
Me: So how is Target? It's been a while since I worked there myself.
Her: It's a lot of work! Today was pretty stressful with a lot of things to do.
Me: What department do you work in?
Her: Mostly plano and price change. I was guest service for a while before.
Me: I used to work flow team, there was always pressure to get things done. We should meet up sometime. What days do you work? ----> This is where I was desperate. --- asked her out too soon
Her: It varies. I'm quite busy this next week. :/
Me: That's cool. Does your store have weekends off?
Her: Unfortunately no. I usually am working at least one of the two days.
Me: Bummer. I know how it is though. Do they still schedule out 2 weeks? ---> Should had just quit at this point.

This has been one of my worst habits. Socially awkward. Damn it.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2015, 8:02 pm

Hmm do you take medication for anxiety?

Also there is nothing wrong with being single and virgin at 28.
Though maybe you aren't comfortable with women and are unable to connect to them.
Have you tried dating a guy?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2015, 8:14 pm

Throw the ball in her court & send her a message that simply says "Hit me up when you know your schedule and when you're free to hang out & let's make plans." If she responds, great. If she doesn't, well, whatever, you haven't lost anything you didn't have to begin with so w/e who cares, move on & forward.

xenocity wrote:

Um, that only works if he's gay or bi.. otherwise I'd suggest sticking with girls for hetero guys lol.

If you don't have a good friend to hang out with at all, a guy friend could do your social skills some wonders. So, try that if you haven't. But if you're not sexually attracted to guys I would not recommend trying to date one. That's just.. weird?

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2015, 8:16 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Throw the ball in her court & send her a message that simply says "Hit me up when you know your schedule and when you're free to hang out & let's make plans." If she responds, great. If she doesn't, well, whatever, you haven't lost anything you didn't have to begin with so w/e who cares, move on & forward.

xenocity wrote:

Um, that only works if he's gay or bi.. otherwise I'd suggest sticking with girls for hetero guys lol.

If you don't have a good friend to hang out with at all, a guy friend could do your social skills some wonders. So, try that if you haven't. But if you're not sexually attracted to guys I would not recommend trying to date one. That's just.. weird?

A good amount of people aren't aware of their own sexuality :twisted:
Sexuality is a moving target with both guys and gals...

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2015, 8:55 pm

xenocity wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

xenocity wrote:

A good amount of people aren't aware of their own sexuality :twisted:
Sexuality is a moving target with both guys and gals...

lol as a gay guy, it's all too easy to get laid so I've never had any interest in persuading someone who isn't gay/bi etc to give gay sex a shot.

I think most people are fairly well aware of their own sexuality, but that some choose to deny or ignore theirs in favour of what they think others expect of them.

But yeah, some people are a bit fluid that way, too. Everyone's different. ie Apparently some people like to sway people over to their team.. :p

diminished57
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Apr 2015, 12:38 am

For future reference:
Don't mention you're a virgin. Say that you haven't gotten laid in a long time, focus on obscure/pointless info.
Don't be scared. Trust me, the last thing you'll do is hate it. Even if it's the contact.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 2:18 am

my experience has been that they get lose interest if you don't ask them out rather fast. this is probably one of my problems. I require a longer extended messaging before I feel comfortable meeting.

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Apr 2015, 7:04 pm

Patrick64 wrote:
Well, at 28, with rare only one time dates here and there still a virgin, no girlfriend. I had the worst social anxiety even online. So this is how the conversation went on

OKcupid:

Me: No wonder the sky is grey today, all the blue is in your eyes. (copied a pickup line from google)
Me: I used to work flow team, there was always pressure to get things done. We should meet up sometime. What days do you work? ----> This is where I was desperate. --- asked her out too soon
Me: Bummer. I know how it is though. Do they still schedule out 2 weeks? ---> Should had just quit at this point.

Umm, that's ONE semi-awkward, short chat with girl you'd barely interacted with on a free internet dating site. Maybe your anxiety screwed the interaction up... but maybe she got distracted by her dog, or only signed up for OKcupid because her BFF made her, or was coming down with the flu or she was chatting on her cell phone and the battery was bout to die. You don't know. You CAN'T know. Your options are more or less limited to (1) brood and hope for an explanation you're not gonna get and (2) accept that no explanation is forthcoming and move on. The latter's less likely to make you miserable.

Have you considered asking out women you actually know? Or asking friends to introduce you to women they know that you might "click" with??

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Apr 2015, 8:15 pm

Patrick64 wrote:

OKcupid:

Bro-tip: Don't use pickup lines with women you're interested in. Online or offline. Especially cheesy ones you copy-n-paste from google.

Pro-tip: With okcupid, place the ball in her court when it comes to meeting in person. Keep chatting about stuff until she gives you her # and then txt back and forth. Unless of course this was a txtmsg conversation.

Did she not respond any further? Because you shouldn't waste time asking people about their daily routines but should talk about mutual interests until you actually start dating.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 1:07 pm

Patrick64 wrote:

OKcupid:

ya I turned 27 three months ago and i'm still single, always have been unfortuneately