Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 8:49 pm

I'm sick of Nineties nostalgia. The Nineties sucked.

The Nineties in a Nutshell
VVV

Yeah ... I'm sorry you had to see that. :(

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 11:05 pm

LOL!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 11:37 pm

Wow, I don't remember seeing *that* commercial. But yeah, sometimes I think people have their Nostalgia Filter on too high. In the 90's I was bullied constantly at school, had terrible anxiety problems, wouldn't be diagnosed with Asperger's until 2001, lived in several different homes for people with chronic mental illness, and went through debilitating side effects from shrink drugs. If it wasn't for Disney cartoons, troll dolls and Sonic the Hedgehog, I'm sure I'd have gone maaaaad.

Oh yeah, and Y2K. We were all supposed to horribly die at the end of the decade. On New Year's Eve the staff in the home I was living in even filled up all the sinks and bathtub with water, even though it already looked like all the computers weren't going to crash and airplanes weren't going to fall out of the sky and our milk cartons weren't going to spray milk everywhere because apparently even they have computer chips.

ajpd1989
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 12:04 am

I don't remember anything particularly good about the 90s, except for the price of things.
Seems like everything's about twice as expensive now...

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 3:34 am

Hammer pants and the Gulf War. Terrible.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 8:37 pm

A lot of those 90's cereal commercials aimed at kids really make adults look like stupid morons. Like Apple Jacks where the adults say it doesn't taste like apples, but it actually does because it has tiny bits of dried apple stuck to the cereal! Fine kids, if you're so smart, you go get a job and buy your own cereal.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 9:54 pm

I do not think the 90's where all bad, though there are a number of things I associate with that decade I dislike...such as the pop music, so terrible not that its improved much.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 10:08 pm

I liked that in the 90's pop music, which is the music that you can't get away from, still had rock in it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 11:13 pm

Nebogipfel wrote:
I liked that in the 90's pop music, which is the music that you can't get away from, still had rock in it.

Well I don't mean the more popular rock per say, that wasn't all bad...but if I remember right all the hype was more about groups like The Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Britney Spears and that sort of over-produced heavily synthesized music, though honestly some of the stuff I've had the misfortune of hearing in the past few years almost makes those sound decent. Now rock in the very late 90's to 00's at least any that played on the radio(I know there was plenty of other music I like that was active in that time but not exactly 'popular') was largely boring, I don't know what was up with that almost every rock song sounded the same, same light drums & guitar with the same style of vocals....and a few covers of older songs made nice and boring for the audience of that time.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 7:36 am

They hadn't invented reality tv yet. Which makes is better by default. At least they often aired movies instead of reality talent show crap.
(although I think they invented Big Brother somewhere at the end of the 90s, that's when DECLINE happened)

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 7:47 am

^^In Sweden I remember there was this show called Robinson in -97 (like survivor) I didn't get why people liked it and had to go home and watch it, I thought it was just bullying on TV...
So Sweden is responsible for the decline... :x

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 9:11 am

First the vikings raid and kill us, and now their descendants make our lives miserable with reality tv :(

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 9:19 am

trollcatman wrote:
First the vikings raid and kill us, and now their descendants make our lives miserable with reality tv :(

and don't forget about IKEA and making you insane with having to assemble following crappy instructions...
We are evil... :twisted:

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 9:51 am

Bondkatten wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

and don't forget about IKEA and making you insane with having to assemble following crappy instructions...
We are evil... :twisted:

I actually sort of like IKEA because they are the only furniture store I know that also sells 0,5L beer cans. I can't do that s**t sober.

Kate.com
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2015, 10:06 am

Terrifying commercial.

I escaped the 1990s in studying and listening to Pearl Jam

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 12:11 pm

Atkins, ugh. Low-carb this, low-carb that. Suddenly it was perfectly acceptable to eat a huge steak smothered in cheese but don't touch bread because that will make you fat!

And the OJ Simpson trial. And SNL had gotten so terrible that every other sketch was about OJ and would drag on forever. So stupid!