Reading intentions? I need help. :/

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Nichard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2015, 8:55 pm

This girl and I haven't interacted much in the past few months, but today we ran into each other and she reached out and was rubbing my arm (I think that's a comforting motion or something?) and standing in my personal space while we were talking.
I'm not sure why she was invading my space, and that's what I need advice on.
She was into me in the past (she adjusted my clothes, touched my hair, got her face too close to mine, and grabbed me by the tie to pull me close and give me "the look") and I flirted with her a little, even though I had no interest in a relationship with her.
I'm not big on physical contact, so people touching me really bothers me. I don't want to tell her off if she's interested in me again because I'll be interacting more with her in the future.
Any idea why she's behaving like that? I haven't seen her act that friendly with other guys, so I don't think she is just a physical person.
Ask me for clarification or information that I left out.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 9:00 pm

Maybe she feels comfortable with you.

Or maybe likes you enough to want to date you.

Maybe she likes the fact that you're somewhat standoffish. I have found that women like that, sometimes, and see it as some sort of challenge.

Do you want a relationship with this girl?

Nichard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2015, 9:10 pm

She's cute, and I like how she talks to me. She seems affectionate.
I enjoyed when she was bold and somewhat forward with me previously.
However, I don't think my friends would like her at all, and I'm certain I could do better physically (if not personality-wise as well) as I am attractive enough to make girls flustered.
She looks like fun, but not an ideal long term relationship.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 9:10 pm

As long as you don't take each other too seriously...why not have a little "friendship?"

Nichard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2015, 9:17 pm

That was what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if I was reading too much into her touching my arm. It's just that NOBODY gets to touch me, so they'd have to be trying to tell me something or exceptionally obtuse to do that.
I'll post updates on my success if I get anywhere. :]

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 9:22 pm

LOL....just make sure you both use protection!

Who knows? Maybe this might lead to something more serious!

Nichard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2015, 10:09 pm

I would like multiple opinions, though. Feel free to contribute, Wrong Planet. :]

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 11:30 pm

Ok, it pretty much sounds like she is into you. If that's not the case, then shes's probably just a tease, and is just looking for an ego boost. If you want to "fool around" with her, even though you aren't into her that much, I would make sure that she's on the same page as you, in order to prevent problems down the road.

Antharis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Apr 2015, 5:39 am

You're only going to get to the bottom of this by asking her directly how you should interpret her actions. A lot of those signs you mentioned can be strictly platonic by women that are socially bold.
If you're interacting more with her in the future, clarifying this ASAP is extremely important.