Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 11:39 am

I've heard that people with Aspergers love anime but every time I try to get as "into it" as I'm "supposed" to be, I just can't and I prefer crime dramas and procedurals.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

16 Apr 2015, 11:45 am

I liked it as a kid, at least what was available to me on TV. I'm not really interested in kid's shows anymore tho, I am sure there are well made animes geared more towards adults on par with most live action shows or movies but that is pretty hard to get into I think. Too many other things to watch, I'd watch something above and beyond tho if the premise interested me.

Lazershow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Apr 2015, 1:33 pm

I personally love anime as you can probably already tell from my avatar but i do understand that its not for everyone. Most of my friends don't watch it and think its weird but i understand everyone has certain preferences and tastes.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 9:50 pm

Girlwithaspergers wrote:
I've heard that people with Aspergers love anime but every time I try to get as "into it" as I'm "supposed" to be, I just can't and I prefer crime dramas and procedurals.

Same here.

My friend loves it and is so immersed into it.

I try to get into it but just...can't. I want to but can't.

Thing is I don't really watch ANY tv or movies at all. Only internet and gaming...

There are crime-based animes, however I noticed most animes have some sort of theme behind them - never gritty, realistic crime stories...

Sum
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Apr 2015, 9:50 pm

Hi, my name is SUM and I'm an animeholic

Hi Sum!

It helps that I do not need much sleep, but hey when you have watched as much as me it can only be called an addiction.

Sino
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Apr 2015, 2:38 pm

Try Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell (bonus points if you snag the original film). It's higher, grittier, and more intellectual fare than most of the shounen on the market - which may very well be what you're looking for.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 4:37 pm

You may be like me. I was not interested in anime at all for a long time(age 15-24) despite the fact my best friend of that time was utterly interested in it. I could watch some anime she suggested me but it was no more interesting than any movie in TV. I found Death Note interesting enough to watch whole serie but it was nothing special either.

Then, when I was 24 the anime interest suddenly hit me. One day I was indifferent to any of them but I watched an episode of Ao no Exorcist and suddenly special interest striked. I watched whole serie 3 times in a row, wrote a long fanfiction and desperately looked for any similar anime. Eventually it become more general anime special interest instead of just Ao no Exorcist one.
Right now the interest is still there but obsessive stage is gone. It returns sometimes, when I find an anime that hits me hard (I will watch it for whole day and half of night and think only about it if I cannot do it then) but usually it's just a part of my routine. I watch anime or read manga for 2-3h hours everynight before falling asleep.

the-comander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2015, 5:13 pm

Girlwithaspergers wrote:

i feel like i know im supposed to so i dont.

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2015, 4:49 pm

Girlwithaspergers wrote:

There may still be hope. Have you tried Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh or Nichijou? Or maybe the slightly less innocent Heaven's Lost Property, or perhaps the craziness of Gugure Kokkuri-san?

the-comander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2015, 8:50 pm

Girlwithaspergers wrote:

dont force your self to fall into a little box.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 5:47 am

I do like two animes - kirby and pokemon. I'm... not sure people consider them as "real" animes but I like them anyway. :P I don't speak japanese. I did also like dragon ball z. I think this is more of a like for kid shows than anime though :?

TheReptilianThesaurus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jun 2015, 6:28 pm

Girlwithaspergers wrote:

I'm very much the same. But don't force yourself to like something that you don't. As popular as anime is, not everybody is going to like it, and though I want to try and give it a chance in the near future, I just prefer live-action dramas to anything animated. Not to say animation is bad, but I suppose I react more readily to live-action.

iliketrees wrote:
I do like two animes - kirby and pokemon. I'm... not sure people consider them as "real" animes but I like them anyway. :P I don't speak japanese. I did also like dragon ball z. I think this is more of a like for kid shows than anime though :?

You watched the Kirby anime too? I've never found anyone else that ever watched it. I loved it as a kid, and I went as far as to watch a few of the later episodes in japanese with english subtitles because it stopped airing in the US.

dragonzatch

27 Jun 2015, 6:07 pm

You might like Psycho-Pass or Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Those are two anime set up like crime dramas.

Shadowrunner
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jul 2015, 12:41 am

I love anime, my father hated it. It just depends on the person.

(As Dragon said, Psycho-Pass might be a good one to introduce you to anime.)

You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 4:18 am

I like certain anime, but not all of them.

"Aspies love anime" is a stereotype, you aren't "supposed to" like it just becouse you are an aspie; do you also try to love dinosaurs becouse you are "supposed to"?

all aspies are different, perhaps even more so than NTs

sunflower17
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Aug 2015, 2:18 pm

Same with me! I think its because it just confuses me for some reason the plot line always bores me? No hate though! Maybe I haven't watched the right ones.