If you're 27 and never had a girlfriend, is it too late?

Page 52 of 52 [ 824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 9:39 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:
My suggestion is to start pulling yourself out of your situation by finding ways to meet people like I did

100% this.

Wallowing in it only makes things worse. Getting angry or resentful over it is a trap that only prolongs and multiplies your suffering.

Exactly my point!

I learned that the hard way

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 10:43 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
27 is not old!! !

I might hate my current situation right now but I have been in romantic relationships in the past so there may still be hope for me to walk down the aisle (marriage)!

My suggestion is to start pulling yourself out of your situation by finding ways to meet people like I did

That is the way to reverse your misfortunes!

it feels old for many people because the traditional normal timeline for when people have their first relationship, or have sex for the first time, is in either teenage years or the very beginning of your 20s, like by 25 at least.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 12:47 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:
27 is not old!! !

I might hate my current situation right now but I have been in romantic relationships in the past so there may still be hope for me to walk down the aisle (marriage)!

That is the way to reverse your misfortunes!

it feels old for many people because the traditional normal timeline for when people have their first relationship, or have sex for the first time, is in either teenage years or the very beginning of your 20s, like by 25 at least.

Well I had the option for sex as a teen but I just wasn't ready for the possible consequences like pregnancy and STDs

So that was kinda my fault

But yeah I really did have romantic relationships in my teenage years!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 2:06 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
are you too old to be this inexperienced? I turned 27 at the beginning of this year in January, and i'm still single, never had a girlfriend, seriously, although the pain of not having had a girlfriend yet has been painful and frustrating for me for a while, I feel it started hitting the crisis point in my mind, self-esteem wise once I reached 25.

I've had self-esteem, self-confidence issues for a very long time now, never really had a large number of friends or large social circle, I feel that has hurt me a lot with getting a girlfriend since it seems most people meet their future boyfriend/girlfriend through their social circle/mutual friends, etc. I've never had any luck with online dating either.

I will admit, there are times I sometimes feel bitter and resentful towards women, although I do my best to keep it to myself, I never at all mean any harm towards them, when I say bitter and resentful, I mean I am sort of jealous, envious of women because women don't have to be the initiators, as in the onus is not placed on women to do the approaching and asking out, making the first move, etc.

Even though i'm a straight, heterosexual male, I have often said this to myself in my mind for a while now, I have said that I bet if I was born a girl, I very likely would have had a boyfriend a long time ago.

I doubt many of you people in this forum can think of many people my age and older who have never been in a relationship with the opposite sex before, never had a boyfriend/girlfriend. I feel like my youth will be over once I hit my 30's, will be past my prime.

I didn't get a real relationship before I was 26 and it was just luck and willingness to meet a guy that made it work. but like if he hadn't been the right one I would be single into my 30's anyways. But idk there is a lot of popular media and stuff to try and make it sound like 30 year olds are like 60....like come off it, being in your 30's is not a death sentence.30 is cetainly not past the prime for dating on reddit I see people talking about dating in their 50's or 60's so 30 certainly isnt too old to find someone.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 3:20 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
are you too old to be this inexperienced? I turned 27 at the beginning of this year in January, and i'm still single, never had a girlfriend, seriously, although the pain of not having had a girlfriend yet has been painful and frustrating for me for a while, I feel it started hitting the crisis point in my mind, self-esteem wise once I reached 25.

I've had self-esteem, self-confidence issues for a very long time now, never really had a large number of friends or large social circle, I feel that has hurt me a lot with getting a girlfriend since it seems most people meet their future boyfriend/girlfriend through their social circle/mutual friends, etc. I've never had any luck with online dating either.

I will admit, there are times I sometimes feel bitter and resentful towards women, although I do my best to keep it to myself, I never at all mean any harm towards them, when I say bitter and resentful, I mean I am sort of jealous, envious of women because women don't have to be the initiators, as in the onus is not placed on women to do the approaching and asking out, making the first move, etc.

Even though i'm a straight, heterosexual male, I have often said this to myself in my mind for a while now, I have said that I bet if I was born a girl, I very likely would have had a boyfriend a long time ago.

I doubt many of you people in this forum can think of many people my age and older who have never been in a relationship with the opposite sex before, never had a boyfriend/girlfriend. I feel like my youth will be over once I hit my 30's, will be past my prime.

I didn't get a real relationship before I was 26 and it was just luck and willingness to meet a guy that made it work. but like if he hadn't been the right one I would be single into my 30's anyways. But idk there is a lot of popular media and stuff to try and make it sound like 30 year olds are like 60....like come off it, being in your 30's is not a death sentence.30 is cetainly not past the prime for dating on reddit I see people talking about dating in their 50's or 60's so 30 certainly isnt too old to find someone.

The OP is 36 by now, and he is still struggling.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 9:04 am

What have you been doing for the last nine years? You got 50 pages of advice in 2015.

God helps those who help themselves.

I would not ordinarily say 36 is by any means too late to meet your first girlfriend, but for you it might well be.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 9:10 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:

Hey, OP.

Doing the math, you're 36 now. How have the last 9 years been for you?

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 1:28 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

Hey, OP.

Doing the math, you're 36 now. How have the last 9 years been for you?

2 years later, in 2017, a situationship i had with a woman for 4 months, kinda dated, first time getting a second date with a woman, a huge milestone for me. Then by 33, kinda had a GF for a little over 2 years, made a post about her on my last thread who unfortuneately turned out to be asexual.