Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Are you hypersensitive to the smell of yourself or your partner's naughty bits?
Yes 83%  83%  [ 33 ]
No 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
Other 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 40

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 6:43 pm

This question really is for ladies only.
Are you hypersensitive to the smell of your own or your partner's naughty bits?

crazedchef
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2007, 6:47 pm

aylissa wrote:
This question really is for ladies only.
Are you hypersensitive to the smell of your own or your partner's naughty bits?

Are you kidding?

You should try going downtown with a waitress after she has been on her feet for 8 hours!

Smells like teen spirit? :?

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 11:18 pm

Hmmmeh. I don't enjoy gettin' my face down there so much after he's had a long day at work (tyre shop smells and sweat anyone?), but it seems he's rather sensitive to my smell (even after a shower) and hasn't worked up the courage quite yet to return the favour... :lol:

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 5:26 pm

That's too bad. I've heard of women pushing the guy down there. I've never met a guy who was shy that way, though.

I am lucky my guy loves the shower, although even after showering there's still an odor.

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 11:51 pm

I should not know this scent. I have never voluntarily done sex. I cannot know this scent, but It is there and I canhallucinate it (creeps me out to meltdown).

Best guess is that I was raped perhaps age 3 or 4.

asexual with an exclamation point!

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2007, 2:16 am

I do not like the smell, but then I was sexually abused as a child, and the effects never quite wore off, heh.

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2007, 5:37 pm

I've never met a guy that was shy about down there either :? Until now. Man I make it easy for him too! :lol:

S'funny. I don't mind the smell of...naughty bits :lol: But arse? That really DOES smell like arse, funnily enough :x

wendytheweird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2007, 11:26 am

I replied yes, but in reality, it's only if he's been biking to work and hasn't showered in more than 24 hours. ;)

krex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 5:29 pm

sperm smells like bleach to me.I like my boyfriend BO,unless it has been to many days since the last shower(takes many days).

I didnt use to mind my own smell except after intercourse....I think that is what makes it "fishy",the combination of male and female=fish....I dont like fish.Lately I think my odor has changed and I cant stand it.DR says there is nothing wrong with me but it smells different to me....I wont let my boyfriend near it(even at my best I would insist on a shower minutes before fooling around...the fresher the better.)I never used douches before but I wish I could find something to help....I think my PH is out of balance or something.I started on Pregnason(norethindrone,progesteron only bc) recently and wonder if that is causing the problem.Or could be a uterine tumor which I just found out about(about the size of an egg they said)...anyone notice changes of their smell?

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

beentheredonethat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 10:58 am

Folks:
Given that sex is supposed to be for reproduction (darn) I can't tell you that much about the penis or the vagina, in terms of smells...however in both men and women, there are glands, right behind the ears of all places, that give off a very strong smell when a person gets physically turned on. Yes, the emotions have something to do with it, but mostly it is biology. As oral sex is not a reproductive necessity, smell at your own risk. I'm not going to get into it here, because people will think I'm "talking dirty," but there is a lot of research in the field, and those smells are supposed to turn people on, not off. Final bit of stuff you probably could have lived without all day. The smell after sex that a woman gives off is supposed to be attractive to the man. I.E. it is supposed to make him want to stay inside her. (so much for wham, bam, thank you ma'am). It is also the reason for the feeling of well-being after sex (although that is a complicated chemical reaction, different in both men and women....and takes place internally. The whole idea is to prevent the partners from seperating quickly. Gives the sperm a better chance to do its job. Sorry if I intruded as a man, and sorry if this reduces something that is supposed to be intensly passionate to chemestry, but lemmie tell you, you're not thinking about chemestry when you're having sex. Or at least I hope you're not.

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 1:32 pm

krex wrote:
sperm smells like bleach to me.I like my boyfriend BO,unless it has been to many days since the last shower(takes many days).

I didnt use to mind my own smell except after intercourse....I think that is what makes it "fishy",the combination of male and female=fish....I dont like fish.Lately I think my odor has changed and I cant stand it.DR says there is nothing wrong with me but it smells different to me....I wont let my boyfriend near it(even at my best I would insist on a shower minutes before fooling around...the fresher the better.)I never used douches before but I wish I could find something to help....I think my PH is out of balance or something.I started on Pregnason(norethindrone,progesteron only bc) recently and wonder if that is causing the problem.Or could be a uterine tumor which I just found out about(about the size of an egg they said)...anyone notice changes of their smell?

It's the tumor. Not to be gross, but when you have uterine tumors, the lining does not completely shed but some gets trapped by the tumor sometimes. This is what leads sometimes to the effect of having a longer "period." It's really just taking longer for it to come away from the tumor. You could talk to your gyno about it. If they put you on Progestrin, it might be part of the problem, I'm not sure. That stuff did nasty things to me, but not that. Again, I would say call your gyno and talk about it.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 4:02 pm

Beentheredonethat......I dont mind the intrussion,I am interested in chemistry.I have noticed a smell behind my boyfriends ears...I dont like it when it is really strong.I have to remind him to wash there.But I love the smell under his arms,that is very sexual to me.Wonder how one smell can be so attractive and one so....not?

Zannemarie.....Thanks for the info.I just found out about the tumor before I changed jobs,so I have no insurance for awhile and have to wait another month to see a gyno about it.I read about Pregnoson shrinking or halting the growth of tumor by balancing out the estrogen level,so it was my idea to try it but my DR agreed.Thought it might also lesson the amount of blood loss,as my periods were getting really heavy(superdupertampon every 2 hours for 4 days,then light for another week,and usually starting light for several days before the worse days...over all lasting two weeks and still some break through bleeding inbetween,,,,,I go through a lot of tampons.)

I was also hoping the Pregnoson would help my sex drive,which use to be pretty "healthy".It hasnt helped and I think is getting worse.So hard to separate biology from psychology.....I m not sure which is effecting me at present.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 4:12 pm

beentheredonethat wrote:
...but there is a lot of research in the field, and those smells are supposed to turn people on, not off.

Hmm...now I'm wondering if there is a correlation between the smell hyper-or hyposensitivity, and the number of aspies that have troubles finding a mate and the number of asexuals among us.

Anybody care to do the research on that one? I'd love to - that'd be a fun research project :)

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 4:14 pm

krex - likely the tumor is messing with your hormones and it's affecting you on a lot of levels. Can you get government insurance for now so you can get that taken care of?

krex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 5:01 pm

aylissa wrote:
krex - likely the tumor is messing with your hormones and it's affecting you on a lot of levels. Can you get government insurance for now so you can get that taken care of?

Thanks for your advice,
I am use to feeling like crap.You are right,I also have low thyroid which I take meds for but I think my whole system is out of balance.The government system is a huge "hassel",I only have a month until my insurence kicks in so I am going to wait it out.
I think I have had this tumor along time and have been living with it,so.....

Part of my hesitation is that I hate DRs and making decissions....I have to decide what kind of treatment I want to do and none of them sound to "fun".The irony of my situation is that I cant "afford" to be sick or recover from a surgery.I just started this job and dont want to do anything to loss it(I love the dogs I work with).I was raised in a religion(Christian Science)that taught us how to ignore pain and eventually it goes away(or you die,lol),Afraid this tumor isnt going to go away,but I can ignore it a bit longer.

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 6:32 pm

krex wrote:
Beentheredonethat......I dont mind the intrussion,I am interested in chemistry.I have noticed a smell behind my boyfriends ears...I dont like it when it is really strong.I have to remind him to wash there.But I love the smell under his arms,that is very sexual to me.Wonder how one smell can be so attractive and one so....not?

Zannemarie.....Thanks for the info.I just found out about the tumor before I changed jobs,so I have no insurance for awhile and have to wait another month to see a gyno about it.I read about Pregnoson shrinking or halting the growth of tumor by balancing out the estrogen level,so it was my idea to try it but my DR agreed.Thought it might also lesson the amount of blood loss,as my periods were getting really heavy(superdupertampon every 2 hours for 4 days,then light for another week,and usually starting light for several days before the worse days...over all lasting two weeks and still some break through bleeding inbetween,,,,,I go through a lot of tampons.)

I was also hoping the Pregnoson would help my sex drive,which use to be pretty "healthy".It hasnt helped and I think is getting worse.So hard to separate biology from psychology.....I m not sure which is effecting me at present.

Estrogen drives your sex drive. Progestrin dampens it.

Hopefully it will make you bleed less, it had the opposite effect on me, but then I had almost no Estrogen to begin with so they basically threw me completely out of balance by giving me a Depo shot. So instead of shrinking it, they went crazy. I don't think that was typical based on what I've seen. Anyway, I'm telling you what my gyno told me when he told me I had them.