Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2005, 3:28 am

i spent much of last night (on and off) listening to the UK election results on the radio - (it's strangely compelling, for some reason).

what struck me this time was the way in which all the BBC Radio 4 presenters turned into aspies during the coverage - they lost all social skills, got people's names wrong, cut across important people halfway through a sentence to go to a declaration, were abrupt, and pulled very few punches in their commentary...

it started with James Naughtie having an indepth, serious conversation with someone or other, high up in one of the three main parties, during which he interrupted the speaker - halfway through some deep and meaningful sentence - and shot off to a declaration in some place i've never heard of, leaving the speaker just hanging there, and then went back afterwards, as though nothing had happened. of course, once i'd noticed it, i couldn't help but imagine these presenters as aspies. it was utterly hilarious, and i had to keep shoving my face into my pillow to stop myself from waking my neighbours with my laughter.

and i'm not making any political comment, which is why this post is here and not in the politics section.... :wink:

just thought i'd share it with you. cheered me up no end, anyway.

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2005, 11:16 am

Try listening to sportscasters on Baseball,
and Football go...on..and ...on on stat's,
scores, trivia information, names, forgotten
names, unimportant facts about the players
lives to fill air time. OH! how AS of them too.

Of course this QUITE acceptable, but NOOOOO!
if you stand out normally this isn't acceptable?

Hmmm?
Ghosthunter

neotopian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 May 2005, 7:41 am

Mottie an aspie? hmmmmm

could be :wink: