Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

squier
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 10:51 am

this was one of my birthday presents, i thought it was so great i should mention it here and see if anyone else likes this game. here's a reveiw of it by gamepro magazine:

Quote:
Rayman: Raving Rabbids is nothing more than a thinly veiled collection of minigames, and that's not necessarily a bad thing but it lacks a sense of cohesion that would have made the game a truly worthwhile title.
Bunnies Gone Wild

The brain maze.
The main protagonist, Rayman, and his friends have been captured by psychotic, screaming rabbits with a penchant for plungers. That is, in essence, the entire story for the game. Apparently, our hero has to complete a variety of totally inane and insane tasks for the deranged mammals' amusement. It's really an excuse to devise a bunch of strange minigames that involve different ways of using the Wii-mote, but it gets the job done.

The basic structure of the single player game provides you with four minigames which you can complete in any order. Once you complete three of them, you move onto a final fourth game; beat that and you unlock the next set. A decidedly quirky sense of humor runs through the entire game, whether you're shooting at bunnies dressed up as Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell, plucking worms from a bunny's teeth in an homage to Ren & Stimpy, or rolling a ball through a tilting maze representing a rabbit's brain. The humor largely works, though the Rabbids' trademark scream can become pretty annoying after a while and when the jokes fall flat they usually do so by making absolutely no sense.

Plungers Are My Weapon Of Choice

Shake the Nunchuck to torture the bunny!
However, these quite enjoyable minigames are definitely counterbalanced by the rest of the offerings. Most of the games are simple and only mildly entertaining, while some border on the extremely painful. The multiplayer is rather thin as well, as you can play with other people to compare scores. What's the point of beating your friends at something if it doesn't reward you properly?

Without something to tie it all together or a stronger multiplayer component the whole Rayman minigame experience just feels rather empty in the long run. It's a neat show of some of the inventive ways developers might be able to use the Wii-mote in the future, but it's not really worth the 50 dollars unless you really dig its quirky style or absolutely love minigames. It is, however, the perfect game to rent in order to check out both the unique controls and the wacky sense of humor.

this game is the funnyest game ever! does anyone agree?
here are some examples:
this game is all minigames but it still has a storyline, one of the minigmes is "bunnies don't know what to do with cows" where you throw a cow on a chain, you are litterally laughing your butt off. there is another called "bunnies don't shut doors" where some rabbits have to use the toilets, the doors to the porta-potties keep swinging open and you must shut them, if yo don't they flip out and throw plungers at you, the whole time, you can here them going "urrggghhhhh!! !!" straining to get it out.
does anyone else have this game? what do you think of it?

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903

Vegasadelphia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Mar 2007, 11:52 am

I actually found it frustrating quite often. The "close the doors on the bathrooms" game is the most annoying and least accurate game I have ever played. In the end, the only parts I liked were the rythym game with the disco, and the shooter stage with plungers at the end of each level/round.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 12:50 pm

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 4:46 pm

I played the PS2 version, and it was stupid using the joy-sticks all the time.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 5:01 pm

RedMage wrote:

The Wii version is what makes it fun. It truly turned me into a Wii-tard :D

squier
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 5:06 pm

TruenoBlues wrote:
RedMage wrote:

The Wii version is what makes it fun. It truly turned me into a Wii-tard :D

good one :lol:

my book:

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 2:31 am

i wish i had a wii.....prolly won't get one till june at this rate of sale.......

squier
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 11:12 am

skafather84 wrote:
i wish i had a wii.....prolly won't get one till june at this rate of sale.......

come down here to central illinois then.
the local pamida has atlest 5 instock, and they aren't going fast, another tech store in champaign-urbana (another town down here) has a store with around 30!!

my book:

Lone_Wolf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2007, 7:06 am

squier wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

the local pamida has atlest 5 instock, and they aren't going fast, another tech store in champaign-urbana (another town down here) has a store with around 30!!

I actually got the last Wii in my hometown back in january. I had to hunt all over the town for it.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2007, 4:14 pm

squier wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

if they'll ship it to me, i'll buy it from them at normal cost of the system plus shipping costs.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 12:50 am

If I could get a Wii, I'd get this game as it's meant to be on the Wii, not PS2.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 1:13 am

if i could get a wii, zelda would be the third game i got.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 6:29 pm

My Sims would be the first for me. :P

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 8:26 pm

first 3 wii game purchases

1. need for speed (i got this while working at EA....because i knew i was leaving soon and wanted to grab a game for my furture Wii purchase).
2. wii sports (duh!)
3. zelda

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 11:27 pm

If I had a Wii, I'd get...

1. My Sims

2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

3. Super Paper Mario

skafather84
Veteran