Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ribbons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2007, 4:46 pm

who hear collects nickers???
:oops: i am really quite worried i have realised EVERY time i go shopping i have to by a pair
oh dear
please tell me i am not alone!

Aspie_for_the_Lord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 5:40 pm

if NT women can individually buy enough shoes to shod all of ethiopia, then why cant you buy tons of knickers?... just cos ita underwear doesnt make it a naughty thing, its just an obsession like anything else.... jus dont share it with guys you know :P

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 6:14 pm

With me, it was jumpers... I managed to stop that though. I was always hunting for new, bright jumpers, I am majorly into stripes right now. But I am back to not caring much about how I look.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 6:26 pm

I've never had that obsession myself. With clothes, that is. I prefer my clothes to be presentable and functional.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 9:31 pm

I am extremely trendy when it comes to clothing. I always have to have the lastest thing and I can predict styles for the next two years! Right now, I'd say I probably have about 470 outfits. And I'm actually doing this little project where I take a picture and list all of the clothes I have bought so far this year and when and wear I've bought them. Apparently, I've already bought nineteen pieces of clothing! 8O Anyway, I just love sundresses! If I could, I'd wear them all year! And sometimes I do, with leggings or jeans underneath. But mainly I just like wearing them with sandals. I only have about nine sundresses though. They're fairly hard to find once you hit size 14/16 in girls.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 10:08 pm

Ribbons wrote:
who hear collects nickers???
:oops: i am really quite worried i have realised EVERY time i go shopping i have to by a pair
oh dear
please tell me i am not alone!

Haha! Don't feel bad, women tend to buy a lot of cloths, underwear, shoes, other stuff that they already have a bunch of. You've become a woman, that's all.

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 10:26 pm

I used to buy a lot of clothes until I learned about the clothing industry. I realized that by buying a lot of clothes I was fueling what is close to a slave labor market. I know how to sew and have sewn just about every type of garment except men's pants (but I've sewn women's pants). It's not easy work. Whenever I see clothes in a store I wonder about the person who made them. I look at the stitches and construction to gauge how stressed or overworked they might have been. At this point I am having trouble buying new clothes in good conscious. I have held onto clothes that are years old and have holes. My shoes are in tatters and split along the soles. I don't want to fuel the system anymore.

Aspie_for_the_Lord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 4:27 am

Apatura - the community i belong to either make our own, or when we have no need for an item, or someone donates it we put it into a free 'clothing store' where anyone who has need can get what they need clothes wise

Ribbons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Mar 2007, 4:58 am

Apatura wrote:
I used to buy a lot of clothes until I learned about the clothing industry. I realized that by buying a lot of clothes I was fueling what is close to a slave labor market. I know how to sew and have sewn just about every type of garment except men's pants (but I've sewn women's pants). It's not easy work. Whenever I see clothes in a store I wonder about the person who made them. I look at the stitches and construction to gauge how stressed or overworked they might have been. At this point I am having trouble buying new clothes in good conscious. I have held onto clothes that are years old and have holes. My shoes are in tatters and split along the soles. I don't want to fuel the system anymore.

:(
good point oh dear i dont knw what to say to that
ive never really seen pretty knickers from a fairtrade place
and i dont think oxfam is allowed to sell them

Mozart
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Mar 2007, 5:27 am

I collect socks......but i do not like acrylic socks.

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2007, 11:55 am

Ribbons wrote:
Apatura wrote:

:(
good point oh dear i dont knw what to say to that
ive never really seen pretty knickers from a fairtrade place
and i dont think oxfam is allowed to sell them

Awww, I wasn't saying that to make you feel bad. In a way I wish I could snap out o it so I could go out there and buy a slew of new clothes.

Aspie for the lord, I used to make all my kids' clothes, but you know, even the textiles those clothes are made from are usually made under very poor conditions for the workers. So unless you can spin your own fabric, I guess there is no truly clean article of clothing out there.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 8:35 pm

I love buying knickers and bras, especially ones that match.

Grim
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2007, 8:54 am

I do this with socks, I have two large drawers full of socks, a lot of which i will never wear as they feel 'wrong'.
Don't worry to much, every gal needs a good collection of knickers!

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 1:45 pm

Mine are all exactly the same and black. I was really peeved cos marks and sparks have replaced their standard black cotton briefs for a new substandard version, cheaper cotton and thin badly stitched elastic!!
My sister bought me a spotty hipster pair I can barely cope with the idea of them, too different to what I'm used to!
Anyway theres nought wrong with loads of pants its a useful collection!

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 1:47 pm

Oh yes and I admire anyone who can tolerate wearing different types and colours of pants, I wish I could wear lace or white or thongs or french knickers but it ain't gonna happen!! It has to be soft cotton, one style!

Ribbons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Mar 2007, 2:58 pm

:( i lasted sooo long and today i gave in and brought 5
seriously this is an obsession
x