What was your high school label? Jock, nerd, prep, emo, etc.

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

What was your high school label?
Nerd 22%  22%  [ 12 ]
Jock 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Prep 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Goth 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
None of the above 70%  70%  [ 38 ]
I'm not in high school yet. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 54

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 9:17 am

The nicest label was "Weird". The labels when downhill from a perversion of my last name to descriptive terms for various bodily functions.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 9:37 am

I didn't fit in anywhere in high school. I was an outcast and still am.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 11:56 am

In the UK 'jocks' and 'preps' were in the same sort of category.

I was considered a chav with learning difficulties.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 11:58 am

I was in the "outcast of the outcasts" category.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 7:10 pm

From adults
"not living up to his potential"
"painfully shy"

From my peers
"homo/fa***t/queer"(anybody different who did not constantly talk about girls/have girlfriend got a homophobic label back in the 60's and 70's")
"spazz"
"k*e"

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 7:30 pm

I didn't really have a label, unless "invisible" counts. No friends or anyone I hung out with to speak of, kept to myself and was perfectly happy that way. I had all of middle school to adjust to the change from considering everyone I'd ever met a friend unless they proved otherwise, with absolutely no concept of the term "acquaintance" whatsoever, to being bullied by some people I'd thought were friends and otherwise mostly forgotten about. I went to the same middle school as most of the kids from my elementary school, but a different high school. If anyone was paying enough attention to notice me at all, they probably would've classified me as a bookworm (or more accurately, bookwyrm :lol: ) because I was always reading in my spare time.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 9:59 pm

I wasn't called any of those things. I was pretty much invisible for my entire high school(Unless someone wanted to cheat off my work). I have been called anti-social or ret*d and slow, do any of those count as a label? I gave myself my own label "Ninja" or "Ninja in the shadows".

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Conner42
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jun 2018, 10:23 pm

My brother told me a lot of people talked about me and they were trying to fit me into some category but they couldn't fit me into anything because they just found me to be so weird.

Everyone did think I was an as*hole, I guess, so if that's a category, I guess there's that ^^

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Jun 2018, 11:54 pm

I was never called Dork but I think it's the category I fit into best. I was called other things sometimes like dumb-ass & gay

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 2:08 am

Musicians, professional or no, are their own form of weird. From the age of 10 to this very day, I never liked most forms of popular music. I was pretty much treated as a non-person. Then again, coming from the “wrong side of the tracks”, because both my parents were the black sheep of their respective families, pretty much meant that help of any kind was never forthcoming from anyone. (Mom, though never diagnosed, suffered mental illness, presumably bipolar I, no thanks to a drunken and extremely abusive father. Dad, being neglected by his father, when his father and mother divorced, probably suffered from what is now known as childhood emotional neglect.)

rick42
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jun 2018, 4:04 pm

Well I was a complete outsider during Highschool and really High School was one of the worst times of my life.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 10:30 am

Everyone thought I was a lesbian I guess from my non interest in dating. That's how it was in Cali in the 80's. My ASD may have had me give off that vibe oddly enough.

People left me alone for the most part. What they thought of me? No idea and didn't care.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2018, 2:33 am

Fluctuated between outcast, nerd, and psychopath.

Guessing for the psychopath one the stereotype of school shooters as being isolated loners. Evidently if ‘The Faculty’ movie is to be believed culturally - before this, 1999, we were seen as the “Stephen King kid” for similar reasons.

Yeah, high school sucked.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2018, 8:50 am

I desperately wanted to be an emo in high school. All the girls I wanted to be like and be friends with were emos. However, my sensory issues prevented me from dressing the part, and I was very bad at being "emo" so I was pretty much just a loner. I didn't really have any friends and I spent all of my time watching and obsessing over TV shows and Anime. Since I've graduated, I've become more content with just being myself.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 4:11 am

"Werewolf," if I recall correctly...

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2018, 1:00 am

Ghost because I doubt many even remember I was there at the time they were, I barely registered at any place of education, I became less real the older I got as most of my peers changed in ways that were incomprehensible to me, I changed too but it seemed to be in the wrong direction :lol: