Lady doesn't she's pregnant, gives birth on plane

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 10:41 am

http://kdvr.com/2015/05/12/woman-who-had-no-idea-she-was-pregnant-gives-birth-on-flight/

In regards to the autistic child on the plane from yesterday's article here's what I've learned:

Giving a nudity laced bloody birth show to the entire plane: non-disruptive and acceptable.
Purchasing a hot meal so your body doesn't crash: disruptive and unacceptable.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 12:21 pm

The most alarming thing is that the woman HAD NO IDEA SHE IS PREGNANT... How could she not realize her period is gone since a few months and her belly is getting bigger and bigger?

alex
Developer
Developer

12 May 2015, 1:17 pm

Kiriae wrote:
The most alarming thing is that the woman HAD NO IDEA SHE IS PREGNANT... How could she not realize her period is gone since a few months and her belly is getting bigger and bigger?

There's an entire TV show centered around women who didn't know they were pregnant. It's apparently a lot more common than you would think. 8O

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 1:39 pm

Childbirth is generally seen as a beautiful thing because a new life has been created, which supposedly is the greatest thing a person can do. Yeah right, a woman screaming in agony as blood and placenta gushes onto the floor and another Gen Z child is brought into an sickeningly overpopulated world ravaged by war and pollution. It would be very ironic that seeing someone else being born would make me want to end my own life.

And there is a show about women who had no idea they were pregnant. On TLC, naturally. I'm sure these women were all sexually active so it's not like they're the next Virgin Mary or whatever nonsense.

alex
Developer
Developer

12 May 2015, 1:43 pm

If you're over a certain weight to begin with, it's harder to notice. :wink:

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 3:20 pm

Most airlines will not allow women to fly in their third trimester. It could be that she knew she was pregnant, but didn't disclose because she had places to go. She may also have been trying to get the kid born in a preferred country, and didn't quite make it.

AutumnSylver
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 May 2015, 8:08 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Most airlines will not allow women to fly in their third trimester. It could be that she knew she was pregnant, but didn't disclose because she had places to go. She may also have been trying to get the kid born in a preferred country, and didn't quite make it.

She's Canadian. I can't imagine she would want her baby to be born somewhere else. We have one of the highest rated standards of living in the world.
I looked it up, and Canadian airlines will allow pregnant women to fly up to the 36th week of pregnancy.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 9:34 pm

Kiriae wrote:

Several factors come into play.
1. The heavier the woman is, the more likely she won't know about being pregnant.
2. If the woman suffers from chronic malnourishment, her periods might not be regular.
3. Several medical conditions could make sensory input in that area of her body less active.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 5:23 pm

Quote:
1. The heavier the woman is, the more likely she won't know about being pregnant.

This is largely untrue. I've been pregnant both heavy and thin, and either way it was still VERY clear to me and everyone else that I was pregnant. A woman would have to be extremely overweight for her weight to disguise a full-term pregnancy - so large that she probably wouldn't fit into an airline seat. The position of the baby has much more to do with a pregnant woman's appearance than her weight. Also the amount of amniotic fluid.

As for being Canadian, the woman looked at least partly Asian and was flying to Japan. Perhaps she had personal/familial reasons for wanting her baby born Japanese. Canada is a lovely country, but so is Japan. Even more so if it's one's homeland.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 5:47 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:

This is largely untrue. I've been pregnant both heavy and thin, and either way it was still VERY clear to me and everyone else that I was pregnant. A woman would have to be extremely overweight for her weight to disguise a full-term pregnancy - so large that she probably wouldn't fit into an airline seat. The position of the baby has much more to do with a pregnant woman's appearance than her weight. Also the amount of amniotic fluid.

As for being Canadian, the woman looked at least partly Asian and was flying to Japan. Perhaps she had personal/familial reasons for wanting her baby born Japanese. Canada is a lovely country, but so is Japan. Even more so if it's one's homeland.

GOOD POST!

I remember my eldest sister coming-over to the house after having given birth, and I didn't know she wasn't pregnant anymore, because she was the same size before, during, and after----so, YES, a women's weight can camouflage a woman's pregnancy----BUT, what I've NEVER been able to understand, is..... What do they think it is in their belly, that is a baby kicking?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 6:04 pm

How old was she ? Was she married or fairly experienced or pretty non-sexually experienced ?
I'm always seemingly running into this type of story involving teenage , or barely past it , females .

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 8:09 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:

I think you misunderstand. Just because you could tell doesn't change the fact that a heavier woman is less likely to notice a pregnancy. Most women will be able to tell regardless of weight, but when a women doesn't notice then it is likely that she is heavy.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Comets
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 May 2015, 12:59 am

After poking and prodding myself a little, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to give birth at the supermarket tomorrow.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 8:04 am

Quote:
After poking and prodding myself a little, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to give birth at the supermarket tomorrow.

:lmao:

Quote:
Most women will be able to tell regardless of weight, but when a women doesn't notice then it is likely that she is heavy.

Nope, not even. Some women don't get a "bump" because the baby is in an unusual position near their spine. Some women have light bleeding throughout their pregnancy that they mistake for periods, or they had unusual/absent periods before the pregnancy and don't notice a difference. Many of the other symptoms of pregnancy, such as fatigue or nausea, can easily be misattributed to other causes.
It's not about whether a woman is fat. You don't need to worry that the heavy woman in front of you in the grocery line is going to suddenly drop a baby. :lol:

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 2:43 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:

:lmao:

Quote:
Most women will be able to tell regardless of weight, but when a women doesn't notice then it is likely that she is heavy.

Nope, not even. Some women don't get a "bump" because the baby is in an unusual position near their spine. Some women have light bleeding throughout their pregnancy that they mistake for periods, or they had unusual/absent periods before the pregnancy and don't notice a difference. Many of the other symptoms of pregnancy, such as fatigue or nausea, can easily be misattributed to other causes.
It's not about whether a woman is fat. You don't need to worry that the heavy woman in front of you in the grocery line is going to suddenly drop a baby. :lol:

Alright, f**k science.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 12:26 am

Kiriae wrote:

Plus her period would have stopped, which was what had first alerted my wife to her pregnancy years ago. I have to wonder, why didn't she realize that her monthly visitor wasn't coming around anymore?