Page 418 of 579 [ 9253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421 ... 579  Next

traven
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 12:02 am

still waiting for the police to question the neighbors about anything related to the fire
or ain't they,
no, brutal phoney electricity "officials" claim you must let them in or your electricity gets cut off, wtf - iz that,
some aggressif smartmeter pushers?

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 9:22 am

Alita wrote:
sidetrack wrote:
Demoralization:

When you go on a walk with a dog and are reminded of how the only real reason this is done is for the animal to not excrete or urinate indoors..

...>:( >xI and the f---g tremendous risk!, you take in having wait (with a 'baggy' in hand) of the constipated creature to excrete on a person's lawn and you cursing the creature for the d---n poor choice in doing it at that location and you risking your head to not wind up arguing with a jacka--.

Ew. Robodogs can't come soon enough. Hope it wasn't too stinky. :?

Quote:
Well, in Whoville they say - that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day. And then - the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of *ten* Grinches, plus two!

:roll: hmm..how heartened I feel when someone responds to me..

___

Quote:
~"..do you guys ['white ppl'] even have parents after your turn 19?"
--Jasmeet Singh/'Jusreign' in a video.

I forget which one I would be quoting nor do I feel energized to seek out a proper citation. I find him really annoying and despite the good intentionality of a 'Toronto immigrant offspring trying to reflect his community' vibe that he tries to go for (apparent soon-to-be Seth Meyers replacement Lilly Singh does it only a bit better), it increasingly comes off to me as 'quasi-non-endogamous bro culture representative of a minority representing 'working class' inferiority complex'.

The sort of thing that I you try to avoid/ saw as a major final cause of an education/learning system which wasn't suppose to l:< fail you, as apparently ppl ~60 years before you thought and the sort of thing (humour, the sense of humour) which you don't think is going to age well or at least would think wouldn't age well depending on how politics et al develop.

Mexie. Female Toronto Caucasian Canadian whose videos are nicely thorough in discussing theoretical politics.
JJ Mccullough. Leftist in her speaking. Former(?) Vancouverite resident Caucasian Canadian only ~5 yrs older than me and can still pull off meaningful videos about Canadian history and current politics though that density isn't as much his 'meat and potatoes' as it is for Mexie. He is also apparently a conservative and gay.

https://youtu.be/dpYRZdw0UpA?t=46

THOSE. The more often than not non-frivolity of meaningful videos about domestic issues coming from ppl in my age demographic..I can't help but think that if someone in a minority were churning out stuff like Mexie or JJ aside from the criticism of espousing 'victim politics' ('it's a given' you can expect by Youtube commenters, Caucasian or not), they would be relatively shrugged off by ppl like Jasmeet who see the validity but barely really tap into that sort of intellectual effort b/c 'bro culture' or the culture from elementary or high school or post-secondary social circles is more familiar and enticing to espouse even though you realize it's the sort of thing you wouldn't wish anyone to struggle with. Anyone to continue struggling with.

To his credit the video where he explains his experience at a factory was great for not taking for granted, the stuff I grew up avoiding/fearing from what pains and demeaning I heard from my parents whilst showing the realities of non-'Canadian niceness'/mildness.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 5:31 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I so hate my upstairs neighbour. I'm sure she never has carpets or any type of flooring, because it sounds like she's always walking on bare floorboards. And she's the type that is always there all the time (I don't think she works), and she doesn't stop walking around her apartment. If I'm in all day, all I can hear is her walking around all day long, and no matter what room I'm in she always seems to be above that room. It's like she never sits down, she's always on the move. My boyfriend says she might be a compulsive cleaner, as we are always hearing the vacuum going.
But sometimes when I'm having a pyjama day, I like to hear the birds singing or the rain pouring or other natural noises like that, but all I hear all day long is her moving about above me. :roll:

Obviously she's unaware that she's making all this noise, but we don't like to tell her because that might make her feel restricted to move about or do anything in her own home, and we'll feel guilty. But it's just annoying that we have to live underneath a rather eccentric person who has no carpets and constantly walks around all day and even night (I think she's an insomniac). She lives on her own and I never see people going round there.

Sucky :x

I would buy her a lovely pair of soft slippers in a beautiful colour, wrap them in a bow and leave them outside her door after pressing the bell. Maybe she'd take the subtle hint. :mrgreen:

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 5:34 pm

Raleigh wrote:
There's no point posting negative crap on WP.
Negative crap is my f****d up way of trying to get everyone else to solve my problems, and let's face it, my problems can't be solved, so suck it up princess.
It's attention seeking, ego stoking rubbish.
And all the advice is the same old same old anyway.
I may as well be f*****g happy, or indifferent at least.

Well, sometimes it's nice just to vent, and you never know, someone may have the solution to your problem. Hope you're feeling better about it soon anyway, whatever it is.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 10:48 am

Sometimes I do wonder if I do scare people or drive them away unintentionally... :| And why is that?

I already long accepted facts of people misunderstanding things about me, both good and bad, but...
While I'm just too busy with other matters if not overwhelmed, and I might as well did willingly turn unto apathy when it comes to impressions. By simply letting these people take those misunderstandings and without justification or explanation for my words or actions -- for things as is, regardless of my intentions, wrong means wrong and mistakes as intentional.

Of course this doesn't make me strong nor mature. It's no different from the imbalance of defensiveness or having too many excuses.

On another matter;
Yeah... Why can I not be balanced? It's another thing for me to be really disappointed at.
What exactly robbed me of the chance if not anything that would make it last? What exactly made efforts futile? Even with all the motivations and willpower asserted, even with all possible angles studied, even if I brought my own pride down...
If it boils down to something biological, then it'll be very disappointing. It's like my own life cheated me, instead of the harsher world like many had been dealing with.
If it's just my head, then I'm missing something. I would need help -- if only others would understand which is never guaranteed. I already tried this, and it's been disappointing me all over again.
If it's just all chance, then changes it'll pass itself. No more, no less.

If none of these then... What the heck am I doing?

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 11:26 am

I hate living in this country and i hate my job. I hate all the people who called me smart growing up. I hate that i have to live here after my parents pass away. (maybe not?) I hate myself for not quitting college while i still can and i HATE that i am always so considerate of others feelings.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 1:27 pm

Software support program reminder

la_fenkis wrote:
Oh my f***ing god, why the f*** are we manually inspecting the style for code submitted by 100+ students? This is why linters f***ing exist. Because we don't have linters integrated into our grading scripts? Well, boo f***ing hoo, either we do the job properly or admit that we shouldn't grade students for their code style. Don't f***ing erect some facsimile of doing it to trick ourselves into thinking it got done just because we get a number out the other side. I may as well make up the numbers entirely for all the randomness that this method engenders! Allocate the man-hours to do the f***ing job or give up. What? There's no funds for it? Then that's the answer, don't do it! F***!

:| Hmm..this might be 'late coming' but I like the way you rant 'la_fenkis'.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 1:50 pm

This is sickening.

It's a "Smart Dress" that counts how often women are groped in nightclubs: More than 40 times per hour.

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 8:08 am

Dad,

You don't care.
Bleh.
Why?
I don't understand you...
But, people say I'm like you.
It's really not true.
They are just looking at how I react to your habit, I guess.

If we can be relatable,
more so,
Why?

You don't care.

My monologue about you:
a conversation that happens too often between us.

-me

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 3:13 pm

USFWS is a copulating joke :wall: :evil:

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2019, 4:48 pm

Yes, I can pray. I know how to pray beyond the physical pose and words muttered. I know how to pray with all my heart, mind, and spirit.
And yes, even the most logical and rational side of me won't protest. At worst it's the prideful side of me sees the absurdity of it, but still it has seen it's purpose past beyond said absurdity.

But damnit do not force me to. There's a reason why I rarely ever pray, why I almost never pray with words and how I never prayed for myself.

Do not ask me to pray for petty stuff -- work it with your own.
Do not ask me to just pray for something especially for the sake of it.
And more especially do not ask me to pray for your own luck -- directly asking me for it will never work. Beg 'luck' from someone else.

And why me?! I'm far from the religious believer, I'm far from the most spiritual person and I'm far from being a saint. So why?!?! Why not someone else??

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 9:18 am

Do you hate this?.

http://existentialcomics.com/comic/286
___

Sickened by ~'I miss the [*]early[*] 2000's [music]' comments on YouTube >:I . Seriously?!. It was pretty much the 'vapid-ness' of the late 90's in that it wasn't too meaningful and kind of sticks out as gaudy today.

The stupid way ppl don't care to understand or realize about 'nostalgia cycles' and how the treatment of anyone under 18 is considered my less valid b/c of that. >:I Am I suppose to agree when we get to the point of 'I miss late 00's music so much' b/c some fools don't realize that information preservation achieved the nigh-ideal state it's at now and b/c there's too dense to realize/click with how they only are more likely to say such things b/c of social media's influence?!.

Comment by Rakib_khan about a comic book series about an investigator who looks into a mall shooter, highlighting how terrible it is that social media makes things so banal.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/393 ... ugh-hell-1

Seriously!?. Is this like how ppl don't attach relative marginal movements like 'real deal flower children' hippies to the 60's and disco to the 70's?--it's not until longer after the rather unstimulating or unnoticed event/fact that you 'harness it' b/c you need it for something (environmentalism or making party scenes better).

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 4:35 pm

I am judgemental. Can you blame me?.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 9:30 pm

Forgive me please, for the questionable perojative

'Red neck' and 'blue collar'---i just realize now how 'parallel' the phrases are.

The soul you feel with the blood.

If you think I write in the rants thread b/c I'm bored..you might be right.

"Boredom is rage spread thin"-Paul Tillich.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 7:34 pm

Imo Jasmeet Singh is not a good role model.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 9:51 pm

All-important but not all-powerful. Annoying.