Page 575 of 579 [ 9253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 572, 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578, 579  Next

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 11:03 am

I've been thinking about those things over and over again, and I can't escape.I made an appointment for an hour of counseling in two days.I want to run away from my life.

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2024, 10:06 am

I just want to vent this in a rant. So here goes.

My wife and I had been looking to buy about 5 acres for some years. We had almost enough saved when COVID hit, so we no longer had enough. Prices/Interest Rates up, unsafe to even look, inflation, etc.

So this sounds like a good thing and it is ... her boss gave us a 5 acre parcel of his 65 acre land. He wasn't using it and we are right by the entrance, so win-win. But then he took over getting it ready because he knows people. My wife had to manage it all from her work. I tried to help but couldn't really because her boss had all the information.

So we had to move our single wide. It was supposed to take 3-4 days, so I agreed to stay with her mom. Her mom is extremely hostile, my wife was surprised how bad she was. And instead of 3-4 days, it was a month. I melted down in the 3-1/2 week and left for that remainder.

Moved in early January. But the thing has to be 6' in the ground due to flood zone. And we had no stairs really, so I had to take these rickety ones that weren't good to begin with and balance them on concrete blocks which made up the bottom stairs. My dog fell off twice, and I busted myself up on them once. It took almost 3 weeks to get our front porch built, after a month of not being able to build it yet due to soggy ground.

Finally it is done but that is when my wife's friend (an ex of hers) comes into town. So now she's so excited about him, and we have an open relationship so I don't care if there is physical intimacy, but I need support and she's with him all week. Enter another meltdown.

So now we are getting the rest of our furniture finally tonight (barring delays) and my wife and I are on the rocks.

Joy.

On the other hand, I somehow cling to the faintest amount of optimism. And that's not too bad.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 11:59 am

I hate energy companies me. I actually f*cking hate them.

So they're offering me a fixed tariff that works out at about 50 quid a month cheaper than what I'm paying now and I'm currently on a variable tariff. So if they can offer me the exact same gas and electric for 50 quid cheaper a month then why the f*ck can't they let me have my gas and electric for that price on my current tariff.

I'll tell you why; It's because they're filthy racketeering scum bags.

I've been with this company for about 20 years or so but in order to get this cheaper tariff I have to stay with them for 2 years or else pay an exit fee. Well I'll tell you something for nothing, that in itself is making me want to switch companies...the filthy hard faced robbing bastards.

And if they think they're gonna talk me into having a smart meter they can f*ck right off. I'm smart enough to read my own f*cking meter thank you very much.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

14 Mar 2024, 12:38 pm

babybird wrote:
I'll tell you why; It's because they're filthy racketeering scum bags.
Yep - they're all robbing b'stards. :x

Quote:
And if they think they're gonna talk me into having a smart meter they can f*ck right off. I'm smart enough to read my own f*cking meter thank you very much.
Same, but they just Keep. On. Trying.
I have their number blocked on me mobile so that helps a little.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 12:43 pm

They're telling me that I would have to agree to having a smart meter (if I'm eligible) in order to get these rates.

It's an absolute scandal

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2024, 12:48 pm

I'm annoyed with everything having to be "Smart" these days. How hard is it to turn a knob?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

14 Mar 2024, 12:50 pm

babybird wrote:
They're telling me that I would have to agree to having a smart meter (if I'm eligible) in order to get these rates.
Are they allowed to do that? 8O It seems a bit dodgy and arm-twisty.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

14 Mar 2024, 12:51 pm

AnanstrixG wrote:
I'm annoyed with everything having to be "Smart" these days. How hard is it to turn a knob?
:lol: Yep, quite. If avoiding that is "smart" then there is no hope.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 12:59 pm

Cornflake wrote:
babybird wrote:
Are they allowed to do that? 8O It seems a bit dodgy and arm-twisty.

Well I was gonna phone them and tell them I don't want one but I want the tariff and see what they say about that.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 12:59 pm

AnanstrixG wrote:

:lol:

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

14 Mar 2024, 1:03 pm

babybird wrote:
Well I was gonna phone them and tell them I don't want one but I want the tariff and see what they say about that.
Might be worth Googling around on the legalities of their arm-twisting - if it does turn out to be illegal then you can hit them with the big guns.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 2:07 pm

Yeah ill do that

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 2:44 pm

i have something to rant about but I don't think I can talk about it here

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 3:11 pm

honeytoast wrote:
i have something to rant about but I don't think I can talk about it here

What is the topic of the rant, honeytoast?

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 2:14 am

I used to be able to understand knowledge immediately after the teacher read its definition once.But now I've been studying for a week and I can't do a single question.

The teacher asked every eight people to form a team to do their homework.But I can't find anyone close to me

Just had a little tipple.42°100ml

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 12:07 pm

Screaming out loud swearing at 1am.
Instead of relaxing, my whole day and night ruined.

Because of literal dog sh*t on the couch.
And I fricking touch it because it was dark.

F*** that damn dog.
Shouldn't fricking be in this damn house.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.