Page 576 of 579 [ 9253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578, 579  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 12:13 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
Screaming out loud swearing at 1am.
Instead of relaxing, my whole day and night ruined.

Because of literal dog sh*t on the couch.
And I fricking touch it because it was dark.

F*** that damn dog.
Shouldn't fricking be in this damn house.

Yeah that'd do it for me too

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 7:05 am

Cornflake wrote:
babybird wrote:
Well I was gonna phone them and tell them I don't want one but I want the tariff and see what they say about that.
Might be worth Googling around on the legalities of their arm-twisting - if it does turn out to be illegal then you can hit them with the big guns.

Well I'm in communication with them atm so we'll see what the outcome of that is before I plan my next move.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

16 Mar 2024, 7:21 am

^ A good development - some companies buckle when challenged about their prices or policies.

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 9:52 am

I need to go to the paint store to pick out colors which is very overwhelming because they look so similar and I have to look at them all and a lot of colors at once and ugh.

So I told my wife I could do it because I could only think of two rooms and she said only one. And I tried to say oh good easy then. And she starts talking about the two main options and I try so hard to say ok I can look at many options if it is just one room but she starts grilling me about which option I like best

I CANNOT MAKE UP COLORS IN MY HEAD THAT IS WHY WE ARE GOING TO THE STORE

now I don't even want to go.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 10:12 am

Yeah I'm bad with colours too.

Currently redoing my bedroom and going for neutral colours but they all look the same but with different names.

I've gone for sprayed ivory but it looks exactly the same as antique cream which I have in my living room.

Bold colours are way more easier for me to work with but bold colours aren't really an option for this project

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 11:26 am

Yeah, and I know that the color that we pick won't look the same once on the walls. But as long as it doesn't hurt to look at and it is some close shade that makes my wife happy, I'm good with that.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 11:36 am

Yeah you've gotta keep the wife happy. That's the meaning of life

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2024, 11:47 am

i wish i wasn't so anxious with this problem

I wish you wouldn't be an as*hole

I wish you wouldn't b***h when I say I don't like this and then say I cant dish it out when you do the exact same thing you f*****g dumbass

I hate feeling this

go away go away go away

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 3:35 pm

babybird wrote:
Yeah you've gotta keep the wife happy. That's the meaning of life

It is the primary meaning for mine. We found 2 colors for the bedroom. We agree on the main color (3 of the walls). She loved a color for the 4th wall and I agreed wholehearted with her, it is amazing her first choice was also mine. :) Seriously, I think it is fine. So long as she loves it.

Then we had to go to the grocery store for 6 items that turned into far more. And she met an old friend while there.

I am so burnt out. I am listening to music and hoping to relax some.

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 7:04 pm

I'm just finished. I put forth so much effort today, trying to be stable, and my wife says she's going to bed at 6:30 and it takes me a dance to make coffee because I make a gallon of coldbrew ...

f-- these details. She disrespects me in every possible day. Both of us were walking on eggshells. And I told her all day I was not feeling well in my head.

so she starts a f-ing fight with me as I'm grinding coffee. She yells some bad poop at me. And I am done writing this off to stress.

I'm getting stronger. I'm a very strong and very nice person, if a grumpy old geezer as well. I won't take guff, but I will give help when I can. So she can't take that?

Fine.

But I don't know what the hell I'll do. I guess I'll find out.

She's the over planner (which stresses me out). I just always land on my feet.

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 7:07 pm

well ok on reference to my last post she is quitting tobacco cold turkey

and this is a perfect time to do that, when our marriage is on the rocks.

she makes her choices subconsciously.

I'd say "not my problem" but it is.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 6:46 am

AnanstrixG wrote:
I'm just finished. I put forth so much effort today, trying to be stable, and my wife says she's going to bed at 6:30 and it takes me a dance to make coffee because I make a gallon of coldbrew ...

f-- these details. She disrespects me in every possible day. Both of us were walking on eggshells. And I told her all day I was not feeling well in my head.

so she starts a f-ing fight with me as I'm grinding coffee. She yells some bad poop at me. And I am done writing this off to stress.

I'm getting stronger. I'm a very strong and very nice person, if a grumpy old geezer as well. I won't take guff, but I will give help when I can. So she can't take that?

Fine.

But I don't know what the hell I'll do. I guess I'll find out.

She's the over planner (which stresses me out). I just always land on my feet.

Oh I'm surrounded by over planners. I just never make plans so I just let them get on with it and I'm usually OK with whatever it is. I sometimes feel like a child or a puppy being taken for a walk because literally I just feel like I'm tagging along. I mean it's probably not as bad as it might sound because I do do all the stuff I like to do as well but I'm just not a planner.

My daughter has everything planned to the last detail and my bf is a big fan of planning. When they get together I just switch off to it and tell them to let me know when they're done.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 8:52 am

^ My brother is an intense planner, also.

I personally don't like having concrete plans, much. I like to take things as they come.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 5:21 pm

Cornflake wrote:
^ A good development - some companies buckle when challenged about their prices or policies.

I can get the tariff without having to change my meter so I'll get onto that now. Some kind of loophole to do with me having a split accounts for my gas and electric and it means my property isn't eligible for a new smart meter. I don't quite know what to make of that explanation.

They only just got back to me half an hour ago :lol:
9:45 on a Sunday night. I hope he was getting paid over time for that.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

17 Mar 2024, 6:21 pm

^ Good, that sounds like a useful development. :thumright:
That poor sod was probably on a shift at standard rate in a call centre.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 3:47 pm

I don't know what the prescriptions woman at my doctors was thinking about. I phoned her today to see why she rejected my adhd medication on my NHS app and she told it was because she thought the pharmacy might not have them in stock :lol:

Seriously though wth?

She agreed to passing it in the end because I told her that if I go to collect it and they haven't got it then I'll just take it from there and get it sorted.

I think she's got herself in a kerfuffle with all the medication shortages.