Page 507 of 579 [ 9253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510 ... 579  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 6:01 am

Well I knew it was about me because some people do that here sometimes. They have a problem with a member then discreetly start a thread or post about them without using names. I can sense it.

I thought you were sulking because I reported your post in my haven thread. I've had non-offensive posts in my haven threads be deleted by mods without me thinking they're offensive, so any actual offensive posts shouldn't have to go ignored. I don't post snarky posts in other people's haven posts. Usually haven posts are about a member's personal problems.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 6:31 am

I didn't know that you had reported me.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Sep 2022, 6:45 am

! The_Walrus wrote:
This conversation is inappropriate. This thread should not be used to complain about or attack other users.

If you have concerns about another user’s behaviour then please contact the mods privately.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 5:03 pm

I went back into the crawlspace under the house to try to measure where me and my cousin removed insulation, so I can try to fix it before it starts getting really cold, and the whole thing is just f****d. I didn't look beyond where the possum was laying w/ the flashlight, and the second time I didn't even do anything but cut insulation out, but after actually looking around 90% of the insulation and the vapor barrier is destroyed and hanging or on the ground. It wasn't like this when my cousins lived here and they had to go under there to set traps for rats, so in the span of a year or two animals completely ruined it and now we're going to have to get the landlord involved since it's impossible for me to fix. He doesn't actually do any maintenance, ever, even when my aunt calls him so we're probably just s**t out of luck. It makes sense why the house gets absolutely freezing in the winter and sweltering hot in the summer though.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 5:28 pm

I can see how this can be a real hassle for you.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 7:45 pm

I think that each of us on WP have our own challenges. Look at me, the slow and sensitive German. The one with the short sentences and giving hugs because I can't think of an intelligent response. I'm not going to use other members as examples, though.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 7:14 am

There's nothing wrong with giving hugs! Not enough hugs given in the modern world.

I read that we're supposed to get 11 hugs a day for happiness and health! I don't know anyone who gets that many!

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 7:51 pm

There was one of those gross, long and skinny legged spiders from the crawlspace on the ceiling in my room and I can't stop thinking about the fact it may have came inside on me. It also was above Malo's enclosure, so I ended up trying to smash it, but it fell on the blanket I put over his enclosure to prevent it from falling in, and then fell in anyways when I went to move the blanket. I freaked out a bit and killed it, and then cleaned out his cage while he sat there like "???" at me. lmao

I hate spiders and I especially hate when they get near my pets. :x

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 8:07 pm

When misophonia and smellophobia collide.

I was in a small kitchen trying to cook for my partner.
Nice lighting, nice music, alone and chill. ^
Person enters kitchen and decides to cook something else at the same time.
They put on the overhead lights and talk endlessly at me, in a giddy tone.
They hover around me waiting for my stuff out of the oven, to share the temperature.
They crowd me away from the drawers, the dishes, the cutlery, the appliances, the table.
I can't take a step without bashing into them.
They use up all the counter space so I have to set some of my food in the sink.
I retreat to the next room and surrender what I'm doing.
They make more unbearable cooking / food prep sounds than I can tolerate.
(Banging bowls with spoons, rattling dishes, opening / shutting everything possible)
They continue talking to me, asking 5000 questions, laughing, and coming into this room.
I can hear every one of their footsteps.
Their food smell nauseates me (not a bad smell, but I can't do food smells)
Now they're talking to his dog since I'm not answering.
I'm going to have a major meltdown and run screaming.
I can't do this.

Edit: OMG Now it happened again when I tried to clean up.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 9:20 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

They hover around me waiting for my stuff out of the oven, to share the temperature.
They crowd me away from the drawers, the dishes, the cutlery, the appliances, the table.
(Banging bowls with spoons, rattling dishes, opening / shutting everything possible)
They continue talking to me, asking 5000 questions, laughing, and coming into this room.
I can't do this.

Sweet Pea hugs

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 4:17 am

Misophonia is a b***h and those of us with it sound like inconsiderate jerks with no sympathy. We are not, believe me, we understand why certain noises occur and that there's nothing we can do, but that doesn't stop us from getting overly stressed at certain noises. We don't want to hear it (no pun intended).

As a person with misophonia, it's not the sound of people eating that causes distress (my hearing isn't that good so I can't hear noises like that anyway). It's the sound of babies crying. It does affect my whole life. When I was a teenager I'd get into a massive panic if there was a baby crying near me in public. I wanted to scream at the parents to take it away from me. I knew that wouldn't be acceptable, so I'd self-harm instead (pull out my hair or make my fingers bleed). It's how distressed I got and I couldn't help it no more than the baby could help crying.

I just prefer it when babies are asleep when they're around me in public places.

As an adult I can control myself better but crying babies still cause distress. And people saying "it's just a baby, they can't help it, they can't control themselves but adults can" really does not make it any easier to cope with. A noise is a noise to me, whether the noise-maker can help it or not, it's still a noise that really grinds my nerves. Some people are afraid of the noise of thunder booming in the sky but do you annoy them further by saying "it's thunder, it will make a noise, the sky can't help it, you have to control yourself"?

Don't ever say that to me, it doesn't help.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 4:21 am

this is why I do not like music. It is repetitive, irritating, loud. So I never have music on at home, well only rarely anyway. I might put one song on, then that's all I can tolerate.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 6:44 am

I'm struggling to understand our health system, the NHS. It is great because it's free at the point of delivery and I don't want it to turn private.

But they do not like you taking charge of your own health, do they? I phoned up to ask for a simple blood test for something and got interrogated, and now I have to speak to a doctor on the phone next week. I hate speaking on the phone. Why can't I, a 53 year old woman, just take charge of my own health and get checked out for something? Why do I have to jump through hoops and be treated like a child?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 10:03 am

I hate the law system here. It's like a monster can murder someone, knowing full well what they're doing but are just evil, and get pampered in prison with their human rights protected then have the possibility of getting paroled even if they're sentenced to life in prison. They're awful and dangerous and should never be trusted, as 9 out of 10 murderers will do it again even after 20 years of being in prison. There would be a lot less murders if prisoners actually got the punishment they deserved. I think science labs should do testing on murderers instead of on innocent animals. Murderers are the only evil things on the planet and should have their dignity taken away. There's a murderer in my own town (with autism, who'd have thought it? :roll: ) who is locked up now but only for 27 years and he's fairly young so he'll probably be released before he's even middle-aged and that is what I'm terrified about. Before he was caught he hid in bushes and targeted random people, stabbing them to death with a knife. When he was in court he showed no remorse, he even sat there smirking and laughing at his victim's devastated families. He's pure evil and prison won't change this. He needs to be kept in a lab being tested on, and beaten in the process. It's what he deserves. He has no place in this world and this world will be a safer place without c***s like him.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 11:49 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I can't do this.

Sheer hell.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 2:25 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I can't do this.

"You can't expect nobody to use the kitchen while you're in there. Other people have to live their lives too. Plates will clang, it can't always be helped. Stop whining and control your emotions."

That is the most annoying thing anyone can ever say to us who suffer with misophonia. How do we answer to that whenever someone throws that cliche in our faces? While we don't expect the world to revolve around us, it still doesn't stop us becoming overly distressed by certain noises (and in your case, smells too). Misophonia is a b***h. It's so hard living in such a noisy world where we get called selfish or unsympathetic for not tolerating other people's noise.

I understand you completely. :heart: