Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

27 Mar 2007, 3:12 pm

MrWizard wrote:
And if he were a child?

We can decide that when the issue is before us. This guy is an adult.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 3:35 pm

That's so sick. :x :(

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 3:44 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
MrWizard wrote:
And if he were a child?

I agree. And I think this should be a felony (I misunderstood your original post MrWizard, but I do think that animal cruelty should be a felony). Him getting 6 months is ridiculous - it's less than 1 month per kitty.

Also, besides jail time, why is there no mention of mandatory psychological counselling?!?!?!?

MrWizard
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Mar 2007, 3:48 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
MrWizard wrote:
And if he were a child?

TheMachine1,

I probably don't have to remind you that this is a forum about Asperger's Syndrome, a type of mental disorder. As someone who has spent a lot of time around here and who may or may not be diagnosed, you should understand better than most that a mental disorder -can- alter the way a person things. You should also understand better than most that they can be lived with, worked through, and that a person with a mental disorder can function correctly in society.

Do you honestly think that this type of person couldn't -possibly- have a mental disorder which may or may not have caused it? Oh wait, you didn't even ask. If you ruled the world, you'd have shot him already. Great way to be sensitive, buddy. Schitzophrenics, sociopaths, psychopaths, people who suffer from delusions, temporary insanity, or other sometimes-negative behavior influencing mental disorders have no chance under your rule.

Look, all I'm saying is you can't shoot somebody for committing a crime. That's still called murder, and is in itself a crime. The law backs me up in this one. It doesn't matter who you kill or why they may or may not have deserved it. Murder is murder. And I don't condone murder.

Do you?

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 4:03 pm

MrWizard wrote:
Do you honestly think that this type of person couldn't -possibly- have a mental disorder which may or may not have caused it?

I think it's possible - but did you notice that the article doesn't mention anything about therapy for the guy? As much as I'd like to kill him, I doubt that I would if given the opportunity. But it seems irresponsible to just send him to jail - he'll probably get out well before six months - and not have any sort of required psychological counselling. And I seriously doubt that he would go to therapy just on his own *without* the court requiring it.

MrWizard
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Mar 2007, 4:10 pm

janicka wrote:
MrWizard wrote:
Do you honestly think that this type of person couldn't -possibly- have a mental disorder which may or may not have caused it?

I think it's possible - but did you notice that the article doesn't mention anything about therapy for the guy? As much as I'd like to kill him, I doubt that I would if given the opportunity. But it seems irresponsible to just send him to jail - he'll probably get out well before six months - and not have any sort of required psychological counselling. And I seriously doubt that he would go to therapy just on his own *without* the court requiring it.

Ah, so you're not a murderer. You're just frustrated with the criminal justice system. Know what that makes you? A well adjusted average citizen. Most people get frustrated with the justice sysem, it's natural. What you don't see is the prosecution side. The state atourney is going to do everything in his power to apply the proper sentencing and honestly I don't think this case will make it through a court session without psychological issues being brought up. They have only charged the man so far, the trial is not under way.

And you can't charge someone with being crazy.

What will likely happen is that the defense will either plead guilty, then ask for a reprise on psychological conditions. The judge will then call recess for long enough for him to be examined by a psychological expert from both the defense and the prosecution, after which the trial will pick back up. Both experts will testify as to whether the guy is loopy. If he's VERY loopy, he'll get LOTS of psychological treatment. If he's only a little loopy, he'll get jail time and psychological treatment. If he pleads guilty with no contest, he'll get jail time.

Win, win, win. Wonder what'll happen to the girlfriend though. They may only try her as an accomplice, perhaps conspiracy to commit misdemeaner and obstruction.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

27 Mar 2007, 4:47 pm

I do not think people have free will .There is about a 99% chance this guy has a disorder. But just like pedophiles , sociopaths are not treatable. So your talking life in prison or death as the only practical option.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 5:44 pm

This guy belongs in jail for life not just a few months :( ...

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 5:52 pm

The Great Cat God will put him in a special hell.

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 5:56 pm

ahayes wrote:
The Great Cat God will put him in a special hell.

The Great Cat God must not show him compassion. :evil:

Birdlady
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Mar 2007, 6:34 pm

I have firsthand experience with the results of animal cruelty. I have a houseful of parrots - from macaws to lovebirds- that have been tortured, burnt, starved, abandoned and one was taken to be euthanized because she had pulled out her feathers and mutilated herself from anxiety, depression and fear. Her owner said she was "ugly"! I have one bird who apparently lived in a basementin near darkness for about 15 years in total filth with a diet of only sunflower seeds. He also had pulled all his feathers out and bitten off some of his own toes. After 2 years with me he talks, plays and loves people, which I can't figure out.
In my experience people who abuse animals are cold and heartless. I honestly don't believe many of them suffer from anything but evil personalities and they should all be in jail.

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 8:32 pm

I never realized until I knew a couple that had two African Greys how needy parrots are. They had another friend who'd rescued an African Grey who self-mutilated and lived in darkness and filty. Anyway, the rescued bird did quite well with his new home and while being bird-sat by this couple I knew. He was very distrustful, though, and attacked me for no apparent reason. He was just *weird*.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 8:42 pm

Yes, jail is the proper place for these people.

Prisoner1:"Whadda you in for?"

Prisoner2:"Torturing and maiming small animals. What are you in for?"

Prisoner1:"Raping and torturing the last guy they put in this cell with me."

Prisoner2:"Oh guard, hellllloo guard, helllppp guard."

Prisoner1:"*evil laughter* I like widdle animals. *more evil laughter*"

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2007, 3:44 pm

I have one thing to say to this guy

Delta-Iota-Echo -- Mike-Unicorn-Tango-Hotel-Echo-Romeo-Foxtrot-Unicorn-Charlie-Kilo-Echo-Romeo.

Any aviator should know what i just said.

Roxas

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2007, 4:23 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
I have one thing to say to this guy

Delta-Iota-Echo -- Mike-Unicorn-Tango-Hotel-Echo-Romeo-Foxtrot-Unicorn-Charlie-Kilo-Echo-Romeo.

Any aviator should know what i just said.

Roxas

Or CB/Amateur radio fanatic :)

Iwasthere2021
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Dec 2021, 2:16 pm

Yep, im 13 years later. I know or knew the accused and the gf, she was my friend. She was NOT involved in the torture of kittens, in fact, it put her in years of therapy and life changing disorders; paranoia, trust issues.
She wasnt into him as he was into her. She wanted to save every kitten, everywhere. He knew this. So, he would get the kittens to entice her to go back to him. Before they met, he was a bit of a loner, the guy who doesnt usually get the girl... She was the girl who got every guy , broke many hearts, while looking for "the one".
He wasnt special to her. To her, if a guy didnt do it for her, she just got what she could from him then moved on. Most guys s@w through her, but Wilkes, he didn't. he wanted her to want him. So he 'found' the injured kittens and called her to rescue them. Each time, worse than the last. I can count up to 7 or 8 kittens in total.
One day, I went with her to his house while he was at work, I think we broke in, not sure. We found a coca-cola 12 pack box in his closet, taped in the middle, with air holes cut into it. Inside there was a tiny golden, kitten with a broken tail and a very sad whimper. My friend just handed me the box and said, I cant do this again. We took the kitten to the shelter and they called the police.
I never thought he could do these things and before I was sure he could, I would have claimed he was not capable. But he is and he did.
Now, 13-14 years later, she isnt as close a friend as we were then. But we talk sometimes. She is a mess, still. Whom ever wrote the original post here, claiming she was involved, you need to research before writing because she was only involved as much as you were.
Clint, he moved to Washington state and was accused of murdering his girlfriend. He was Acquitted. Moved back to Utah, we are not friends.
It was a difficult time for her and her friends, mostly me, trying to convince her to stop answering his calls and to stay away from him. He was no good for her, it was toxic to say the least. 2hen they finally broke up, she went to the psych ward, he went to jail.