Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

TearsOf_AClown
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 May 2015, 7:20 am

Is this wierd? From an early age I have always been a fan of antagonistic characters, villains and bad guys in movies and cartoons. First I remember was Transformers (G1) I always liked Shockwave and Starscream over the likes of Bumblebee and Optimus Prime?

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 7:57 am

I don't know if I would say it is weird. As long as I can remember, I've read how the actors often enjoy playing the villain because their interesting to play. I think the attraction to the bad guy has always been there for the actor and audience. I don't think it is that uncommon. I think over the last decade, maybe longer, main characters have more and more been what would be considered the bad guy.

TearsOf_AClown

24 May 2015, 8:11 am

I suppose time have changed and more people like the 'anti-hero' but I like villians to the extent where the logical reasoning behind their actions (e.g Decepticons are trying to save their species/enslave humanity) becomes appeal to me. I dig into things alot, reseach things. Maybe it is the aspie in me or maybe I'm a little mad :twisted:

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 9:58 am

It's not weird

TearsOf_AClown

24 May 2015, 1:12 pm

:ninja: guess it is just personal preference... :twisted:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 2:36 pm

Nothing weird about it at all. My favorite all time movie character is Darth Vader.