Alright are you guys going to fix the profile editing issues

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 1:06 am

Seriously, first I cannot change my avatar picture which I've wanted to do for months now, understandable due to all the site upgrades and what not. But what is this now, no option to even change your signature....so now I cannot change my avatar pic or the signature I've had for ages and would like to change now after a year what the hell are you people doing? So is there any change these features might be fixed in the next three years? If not honestly I may start seeking out other autism sites if this one is destined to remain behind all current techology and not even have a viable option of changing your profile/avatar pic or signature....I mean whats the deal....get on this maybe? I've posted at least 3 topics about not being able to change profile pics with the response...'oh its being worked on' well is there a hint as to when this might occur? and better yet when such changes will actually go into effect so people can change avatar pics and signatures in the next 5 years?

Dont respond if you don't want but some kind of idea as to what the time frame of fixing these issues is would be nice...instead of just ignoring the issue and pretending like posts like these aren't becoming a more common occurrence.

Breaking Enigma
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2015, 1:19 am

I want a signature myself, but there is no option. Further, why does it ask for your real name yet it doesn't display it in your profile? My age is also messed up. I'm actually 25 years old and I entered my age correctly over and over again, but it's displaying as 24. This is a very sloppy forum.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to change my avatar, but now I'm worried that I'll be stuck with one after reading your OP.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 1:33 am

Breaking Enigma wrote:
I want a signature myself, but there is no option. Further, why does it ask for your real name yet it doesn't display it in your profile? My age is also messed up. I'm actually 25 years old and I entered my age correctly over and over again, but it's displaying as 24. This is a very sloppy forum.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to change my avatar, but now I'm worried that I'll be stuck with one after reading your OP.

I've had this bloody avatar for over 6 months I think, and i only ever wanted it as a short term avatar....back when I initially bought the drug rug/sweater I'm wearing in it cause I wanted to show it off, but now I want to show a different picture. As far as I can tell my age is not displayed I am 25 but I hear people age 20 to 25 are showing up as being like 40 or 50 years old..............and my sig, thats old news 'winter is coming' is from game of thrones but now its into the season where that is starting so makes it kind of irrelevent and I want to change it, but now there is no option to change my signature....grrr its just frusterating.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 3:18 am

Alex is working on it and has in fact asked the membership to help if they have relevant knowledge.

You are of course welcome to leave if you cannot handle the life-ruining issues of being able to choose a different profile picture and signature.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 3:25 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
Alex is working on it and has in fact asked the membership to help if they have relevant knowledge.

You are of course welcome to leave if you cannot handle the life-ruining issues of being able to choose a different profile picture and signature.

I could easily leave, I was just hoping this site might be somewhere to stay long term...but obviously not, they care more about getting high class square products than helping anyone else...but I suppose I could leave if the site is entirely unwilling to fix the problems they created with their updates.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 3:30 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:

I could easily leave, I was just hoping this site might be somewhere to stay long term...but obviously not, they care more about getting high class square products than helping anyone else...but I suppose I could leave if the site is entirely unwilling to fix the problems they created with their updates.

They are trying. Sometimes things don't work the first time you try them.
Badgering us doesn't help, especially when the issue that is forcing you off the site is not really that big of a deal. It's an annoyance; it shouldn't be made into such a big problem.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 3:32 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:

Badgering us doesn't help, especially when the issue that is forcing you off the site is not really that big of a deal. It's an annoyance; it shouldn't be made into such a big problem.

Yeah they have been 'trying' for like over 6 months now, you'd think that trying would have turned into some kind of service/product by now.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 3:36 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:

Yeah they have been 'trying' for like over 6 months now, you'd think that trying would have turned into some kind of service/product by now.

Sometimes people have trouble with things.

For example, how are you going with your social skills and getting a job and boyfriend?

Breaking Enigma
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2015, 4:16 am

So is this how all staff is trained to speak to the forum members? Wow... 8O

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 4:20 pm

I thought Alex said that he had fixed the profile picture problem rather recently. I think he said we just have to re-upload the new picture for it to change. It sounds that it won't simply change on it's own if you've tried changing it before he said he fixed it.

With the age error, it does seem to be stuck on displaying the age of the user when the site rolled over, and only if the DOB is input with hyphens(DD-MM-YYYY). This somewhat bothered me, so I just removed my DOB entirely.

As far as signatures, that's the one thing that I've not seen any comments on as to when that might get fixed. It seems signatures should have been disabled if they weren't going to be allowed to be edited. I personally don't see much interest in having a signature since we cannot have a small picture banner like just about every other forum I've come across... but I can see why other people would be bothered by their absence, or being stuck with one they've outgrown. I've even seen a member start a whole new profile over the issue... so it's obviously not such a small problem just because it appears so to some. It would definitely be good to be given at least a rough estimate as to when that feature will be fixed, to give reference to those who are truly bothered by the issue.

There are other serious site problems though. I don't think it's that Alex doesn't care that many people here are upset, I think he's just got a really big list of errors to fix(it, too, seems many people are having different experiences with serious site errors, which probably makes it even harder to trouble shoot on his end), and that he's trying to work out fixing things by highest priority toward the site actually functioning for all who wish to participate on it.

While I do think the site shouldn't have been updated until it was certain it would function fluently, it has been done, and what's done is done. I think all we can do is be patient if unable to help out in some way. Maybe it could help to try taking a break, and return when things are better or fixed if the site's current disorder is causing emotional distress.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 4:47 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:

For example, how are you going with your social skills and getting a job and boyfriend?

Oh alright, I am just pissed about it I guess...so maybe came off a little harsh. That said I have friends/aquantinces and some close family members I enjoy spending time with so not entirely failing in the social department...don't really want a boyfriend right now don't think I could really commit to that. And I'm on SSI/Disability how do you think getting a job is going? lol....

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 5:22 pm

It would seem inputing the DOB as (DD-MM-YYYY) actually fixes the age issue. I guess I subconsciously remembered reading that around here, and typed it out, but I had been putting in (MM-DD-YYYY) in previous attempts so that would explain the displayed age having been off by a nearly a year.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 5:31 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:

Whoa! This isn't acceptable :| It's a snide jibe at someone's personal issues. Please apologise to Sweetleaf and as for "it shouldn't be made into such a big problem" - this is trivialisation (a classic form of invalidation). Who am I, maybe you are having a hard time or a bad day or something; this isn't like the usual you. I hope you are heading for a better day today.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 5:36 pm

Breaking Enigma wrote:

The mods got broken about the same time as the site.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 5:45 pm

Lace-Bane wrote:
I thought Alex said that he had fixed the profile picture problem rather recently. I think he said we just have to re-upload the new picture for it to change. It sounds that it won't simply change on it's own if you've tried changing it before he said he fixed it.

With the age error, it does seem to be stuck on displaying the age of the user when the site rolled over, and only if the DOB is input with hyphens(DD-MM-YYYY). This somewhat bothered me, so I just removed my DOB entirely.

As far as signatures, that's the one thing that I've not seen any comments on as to when that might get fixed. It seems signatures should have been disabled if they weren't going to be allowed to be edited. I personally don't see much interest in having a signature since we cannot have a small picture banner like just about every other forum I've come across... but I can see why other people would be bothered by their absence, or being stuck with one they've outgrown. I've even seen a member start a whole new profile over the issue... so it's obviously not such a small problem just because it appears so to some. It would definitely be good to be given at least a rough estimate as to when that feature will be fixed, to give reference to those who are truly bothered by the issue.

There are other serious site problems though. I don't think it's that Alex doesn't care that many people here are upset, I think he's just got a really big list of errors to fix(it, too, seems many people are having different experiences with serious site errors, which probably makes it even harder to trouble shoot on his end), and that he's trying to work out fixing things by highest priority toward the site actually functioning for all who wish to participate on it.

While I do think the site shouldn't have been updated until it was certain it would function fluently, it has been done, and what's done is done. I think all we can do is be patient if unable to help out in some way. Maybe it could help to try taking a break, and return when things are better or fixed if the site's current disorder is causing emotional distress.

I could always try again, but I have tried changing my picture recently and it still wouldn't work. But yeah I imagine it would be hard for one person to immediately fix all the issues. Just didn't seem those issues where really getting much focus so figured I'd point out those features are really important to me...though if its not that important to most people I suppose there might be more pressing problems bothering more people.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 6:17 pm

Breaking Enigma wrote:

No, only when they come in with a confrontational tone insinuating that we are sitting on our arses doing nothing. :)