do many people here have a aspie/aspie relationship?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

do many people here have a aspie/aspie relationship?
Aspie/aspie 39%  39%  [ 15 ]
Aspie/NT 42%  42%  [ 16 ]
Aspie/bipolar 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Others 18%  18%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 38

ydroi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Jun 2015, 7:57 am

Hello,

Im just a bit curious if this is more successful, and if there are many couples like this?
Sorry there are probably more answers possible, but only these came to mind :s
I am primarly asking for i never seem to have a connection with people, but maybe it's because I am looking for a like-minded person?
Love to hearing your answers :D,
Ydroi

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 8:08 am

I know of at least one Aspie/Aspie relationship on this Site.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 11:23 am

My husband has three different learning disabilities, brain damage, and seizures.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 11:24 am

I had one. Didn't work.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 2:46 pm

I had an Aspie/NT relationship that only lasted for 18 months.

ydroi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Jun 2015, 3:27 pm

Well i only managed to be in a relationship for abou 2months with an NT

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 9:01 pm

ydroi wrote:
I am primarly asking for i never seem to have a connection with people, but maybe it's because I am looking for a like-minded person?

You could be right. That's how it is for me. I find it terribly hard to meet friends or partners who are like-minded. I can think of three people in my lifetime who have fit the bill so far, and only two in a romantic sense. Stay open-minded, though, because someone who might not seem to be similar to you may in fact have a lot more in common than it seems. My partner and I come from very different backgrounds/lifestyles, yet somehow managed to end up in the same place (in terms of our minds), which I think is pretty cool. Mind you it took us 34 years for our lives to meet up, if we met at 22 we probably would not have dated.

Note: I've not met an aspie who I felt was like-minded enough to have a successful relationship with. The two I referred to I would call "cuspies" as it doesn't seem quite right to call them NTs...they have a number of aspie traits but are not diagnosable. That seems to work best for me, as a mild aspie.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Jun 2015, 2:22 pm

I'm in one & we've been living together a couple years now & it's going pretty good. The girlfriend I had before her was also an Aspie but it didn't work out so I think the connection depends on the specif Aspie.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 6:52 am

My husband and I are in an Aspie/Aspie relationship. We knew each other for a couple years, and have been married for a month now.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 12:41 pm

I might have been in one decades ago:

Was She On The Spectrum?

Although the concept of Asperger's Syndrome was unknown back then. In those days, unless you spent hours at the bus stop rocking back and forth and talking to yourself, you might be considered weird but the idea of having an actual disability never came up.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 6:46 am

When I first started dating my Girlfriend, I suspected she might be a specrumite. I am still not sure, but she definitely has many traits and is a huge fan of Sheldon Cooper, so that's a win for me. Just like people would say about me, it's the only reasonable explanation that she would still be single at her age as she is downright gorgeous.

To say things have gone well would be an understatement. Even her parents openly discuss her wedding plans casually in front of me. As someone who has spent their entire life struggling to fit in (especially with peers) all I can say is Aspie or not, it is such a pleasant feeling to fit in and be accepted. On a side note, I have to admit that I found it hard when she was blunt the first few times and can see why NTs can be turned off by it.

There were also two other women I was 'irrationally' attracted to back when I was dating and I have later come to realize they are almost certainly both Aspie as well.

Quote:
Stay open-minded, though, because someone who might not seem to be similar to you may in fact have a lot more in common than it seems.

I originally ignored her on eHarmony especially since I was burned out and my membership was expiring. She messaged again and I decided to have a coffee date ONLY because she was a talented writer and seemed polite. We had almost nothing in common on paper. You can guess the end result. :D

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 7:02 am

All of my relationships, have been with NTs----my most successful, being 9 years.

hilaryy_renee_
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jun 2015, 3:20 pm

I'm currently in an Aspie/Aspie relationship with an incredible guy, and it's been an amazing and wonderful journey. :D

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 11:41 pm

I have been in one of each (AS-NT and AS-AS).

Not currently in a relationship.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ydroi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jun 2015, 6:09 am

well thank you :D i really love the comments :D
i understand it a bit better now!

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 7:06 am

I'm still waiting for my first relationship. Tried eharmony, plenty of fish, parties, clubs, paid dating services. Zip, nada, zilch, nothing.