How to survive school, the real truth..

Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

spiritnja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2015, 5:06 am

What society were you raised in? I heard that people with mental disorders who went to live in say Asian societies reported that they were much nicer and more respectful than people here. They aren't socially-conditioned to think that being a ret*d jackass is 'cool' like they are in America, sorry to say.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 5:15 am

I was raised in Arabic culture, usually in Arab schools if you're a new kid in the class your new classmates would come talking to you to get to know you and if you're quiet they would talk to you and ask you why you're quiet, most times they'll think you're shy and would turn into your 'bodyguard' haha - like they would start talking instead of you if you felt too shy to speak to someone or your voice was low and they would try to help you be social and confident and give you tips haha

spiritnja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2015, 5:25 am

Oh, wow, well here in America they do the opposite, they verbally and sometimes physically abuse those kids mercilessly, and ostracize them. This is not an environment for learning, I might've been a fucken genius by now because I was a pretty smart kid back then, but school felt much more like a prison than anything else.

spiritnja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2015, 5:29 am

Teacher's don't want to acknowledge any of this, I'd almost say that many school teachers and staff here are some of the most ignorant people on the planet, with their heads firmly up their ass. They are part of the problem, in addition to having school be a social-indoctrination center designed to crush your souls..There are actually much better ways to get people to learn things than the modern education system..

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 5:35 am

Yeah I know in America people at their teen years think about girlfriends and boyfriends and about their appearance and how to 'fit in' and they start complicating things rather than concentrating on their studies, classmates/teacher and students don't interact with each other in a light hearted manner like the classmates aren't like siblings to each other and the teachers aren't like aunts and uncles to the students and they don't even talk to each other, the person sitting on that desk doesn't know the name of the person sitting in front of him/her even, they're not connected to eachother I think that's why and they also don't help each other and they also get offended too fast and all that

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 5:37 am

I don't like the education system in schools too, I think we should choose what we would like to learn and not get subjects not chosen by us

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 2:14 pm

American culture at all levels from school to cooperate is about testing the "newbie" to see if they belong and how tough and thick skinned they are. There are many Americans who do not agree but this attitude dominates.

Hazing (Initiation rights)

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

iammaz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jun 2015, 9:04 am

I think children should be taught to think for themselves. To know how to seek out information, evaluate its merit, and then come to their own conclusions based on it.

I only see that violence begets more violence. Suggesting that kids behave more violently would end badly.

In an unprovoked attack, the aggressor can be as violent as needed in the initial event to ensure no retaliation is possible. Increase the level of violence they expect in return and they'll increase the initial violent act.

Question: has the proliferation of guns in the USA served to reduce crime / gun crime?
e.g. Give all kids guns and all that will do is serve to make the bullies more deadly / violent to start with.

domanite
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jun 2015, 9:47 am

spiritnja wrote:
Why don't parents teach their kids the real essentials to making it through school? - learn how to stand up for yourself, - learn how to fight, - learn how to talk trash...for real. If all you got is these they'll get far. There would be hardly any suicides from bullying, or kids shooting up their school, I'll tell you that much..then if they just actually study then they'll be golden. There's a difference between being good at it and actually doing it in a situation where it isn't appropriate. And there is a big difference between the defensive use of force, and using violence, but I think it's better for kids get all of this aggression out at a younger age when they can't do much damage yet, than when they're older. It's called stop being sheep, and start being lions..

I get where you're coming from, but I don't like the focus on fighting. It is better to focus on asserting yourself, and stopping the violence of others. Unfortunately, this is a place where being on the spectrum is a huge disadvantage.

Now that I'm older, I can look back and see so many situations in my life where I mis-read a situation, and where I didn't see or understand all the non-violent options available to me. So I'll agree that its good to be able to defend yourself, but do also always be thinking, and trying, other options to get out of your bad situations.

domanite
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jun 2015, 9:59 am

spiritnja wrote:
Bullies usually go for the weaker target, therefore even if someone stands up to them and gets their asses beat, they'd still think twice before trying to mess with them next time..this is a fact.

Is this based on personal experience? I don't have a lot of personal experience with bullies, but I always assumed that "stand up to a bully and they'll go away" was just something from books and movies. It intuitively makes more sense to me that a guy who likes to fight, would love to repeatedly fight with someone weaker who was willing to engage them.

MudoMan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jun 2015, 11:38 am

Politically correct culture has pussified america.

You SHOULD defend yourself, you SHOULD stand up for yourself, you SHOULD fight back when attacked if you can. Purposely not doing this makes you an eternal victim an will destroy you.

Sometimes fighting back even if you wont necessarily win at least gives you more respect or confidence.

Learn to be strong. Learn proper morals, learn to love others, learn to have compassion, learn to stand up for weak, learn to fight to defend yourself and others. This is not wrong.

I believe you should be slow to anger and forgive others. But when you are pushed over the edge you should fight back. If someone punches you punch them back and force them to stop.

Avoid and do not hang out with jerks who just want to hurt you. But if they follow you and always mock you and beat you then take them out like the Australian kid did who body slammed that little prick.

Public schools are probably the worst thing for kids to be in in the USA. It is a joke.

spiritnja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jun 2015, 4:19 pm

iammaz wrote:

Question: has the proliferation of guns in the USA served to reduce crime / gun crime?
e.g. Give all kids guns and all that will do is serve to make the bullies more deadly / violent to start with.

Yes, it has been shown that cities where concealed or open carry is legal have less crime than cities where its not..

iammaz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jun 2015, 11:22 pm

spiritnja wrote:
iammaz wrote:

Yes, it has been shown that cities where concealed or open carry is legal have less crime than cities where its not..

Compared to the rest of the countries with much tighter gun laws? Or compared to other american cities? Also, show your working?

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2015, 12:26 am

domanite wrote:
spiritnja wrote:
Bullies usually go for the weaker target, therefore even if someone stands up to them and gets their asses beat, they'd still think twice before trying to mess with them next time..this is a fact.

Is this based on personal experience? I don't have a lot of personal experience with bullies, but I always assumed that "stand up to a bully and they'll go away" was just something from books and movies. It intuitively makes more sense to me that a guy who likes to fight, would love to repeatedly fight with someone weaker who was willing to engage them.

Pretty much. I've seen this happen. I used the "stand there and glare" tactic to keep idiots off of me, as well as careful manipulation. I never got into truly bad situations, and despite the fact that not even once did I show any physical prowess... right down to utterly refusing to partake in sports and such in gym class (or do much of anything more than walk), none of the bullies there were bloody stupid enough to try anything physical on me. So I'd only get ANNOYING situations, but nothing worse than that though. A friend of mine though... he tried to use the "fight back!!!11" idea that some think is such a good move. Guess what DIDNT help? That. The bullies dont get scared off. They get SATISFACTION. Someone they perceive as weak is responding to them in EXACTLY the way they want. And this never ends well. When they can simply use physical ANYTHING to take down someone fighting them, they get a stronger feeling of superiority. Not only did this person APPEAR weak to them, but in losing any sort of confrontation, they PROVE (to the bully) that the bully is the superior one indeed. This is the only real result of this sort of thing I ever witnessed, as there were plenty that tended to try to "stand up for themselves". There's a difference between standing up for yourself, and standing up for yourself like a damn fool. If a bully is starting a confrontation, simply "knowing how to fight" isnt going to stop them.... because chances are, THEY already know how themselves.

Not to mention that, again, I've always thought that someone that has to resort to violence to solve a situation is someone that's run out of ideas. I'd rather come up with more interesting and useful solutions, thanks.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jun 2015, 5:47 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well usually at school if someone who is getting bullied defends them-self they get in trouble much more than the bullies
I got suspended in 6th grade because a bully told the teacher I grabbed his crotch when we were fighting & the principle strongly recommended that my dad get my psychological help because bullies also told them I played with my penis in church which I did NOT do. Because of that I developed an OCD fear of getting erections in public due to getting accused of doing things I was not.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

spiritnja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jun 2015, 5:11 am

I'd fight back either way, but yeah it has a higher chance of working if you're at least able to cause them a substantial enough amount of pain, to where they'd just rather not mess with you next time to begin with, and not get satisfaction from just tossing you around. Thats why learning a hardcore martial art can really help.