Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

gravityfalls222
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Jul 2015, 10:43 pm

I really want to be an art teacher- private lessons if everything works out. I am pretty good socially, but have really bad stims. Can anyone tell me what this is like? (I've worked with kids a lot) :D :D

Backround: I'm very organized, and great at planning- I'm in high school, and unable to drive because of autism. I've written three books, and although I don't have a job, I volenteer all the time.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 10:59 pm

Nope. No one taught me how to draw cartoons, I did that on my own. How could I teach something I seemed to know how to do by instinct? But then again how many people were taught how to draw cartoons by someone else. Although there are plenty of books on how to draw them - except it's mostly copying the current styles of cartoon characters and animation, which was more Disney-style back in the 90's but it's mostly manga and anime now. I find that very dumb. Although I shouldn't because in my late teens I was fascinated by what was still commonly called "Japanimation", and wondered why other North Americans didn't seem to be into it.

Also I find most modern cartoon makers have no real talent any more. Most people barely if at all know many of the comic strips and animated characters from The Golden Age, and you can't find them on DVD or in reprint books. I haven't watched any cartoons on TV in ages. That makes me depressed. :(

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 11:11 pm

my sister-in-law is an art teacher. i can ask her a few questions if you have something specific.