Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TessSpoon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2015, 1:48 pm

Thank you for the very interesting posts. When I described "learning to draw", I meant learning the technical aspects (as opposed to the creative ones). I consider myself plenty creative, though my disability is with learning the technical aspects to get a decently accurate result. I've suffered a lot of torment because of that, but I'm sure you're not interested in my life story ^^;

Based on your responses, it seems my disability with learning to draw is something that is just mine, as opposed to something Aspergers itself typically imposes upon the afflicted.

@FletcherProductions: Improving really isn't that simple for me; I very much consider it right to consider my difficulties with drawing a disability of sorts. But, thanks for the offer!

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 4:20 pm

I'm terrible at drawing. I always end up erasing a lot. Drawing isn't a particular interest of mine, either, though I used to like making my own comic strips (an activity which was hindered by my lack of artistic ability).

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 10:07 pm

My art is cartoon-like, very much so. But before drawing something, I want writing or a story to breathe life into it.
Example from much older work: Image
Orborus is a Obliviman bounty hunter, seeking blood for sport. The Oblivimen were a powerful alien race that hunted other species into extinction. The hunger for bloodlust never ceases and poweress in combat and technological edge of the species was truly feared across the universe. The Oblivimen were annihilated shortly after [other alien species] united and finally broke apart their society. Severely wounded from the genocide and losing his legs and left arm, Orborus grew up with a small Oblivimen family, vowing to show the galaxy the true power of the remaining Oblivimen race. Returning them to their fame, Orborus rose to power in the deepest wretches of the universe where he would be hired to defeat criminals or assassinate political figures. Known for his power and his determination, Orborus always completed his tasks, no matter what it cost him, determined in his mind, that the infamy of the Oblivimen could return.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 10:11 pm

I can't draw much other than stick figures. Whne I try to draw a face, people say it looks creepy because it shows no emotion.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 12:50 am

i like drawing, its calming for me. My drawings are often lopsided and not great but after 5 years of drawings nothing but sonic the hedgehog and other characters i have made progress

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 12:52 am

ZombieBrideXD wrote:

This one looks pretty badass :)

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 12:54 am

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
ZombieBrideXD wrote:

This one looks pretty badass :)

thank you, one of my more recent ones.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 1:24 am

TessSpoon wrote:
Thank you for the very interesting posts. When I described "learning to draw", I meant learning the technical aspects (as opposed to the creative ones). I consider myself plenty creative, though my disability is with learning the technical aspects to get a decently accurate result. I've suffered a lot of torment because of that, but I'm sure you're not interested in my life story ^^;

Based on your responses, it seems my disability with learning to draw is something that is just mine, as opposed to something Aspergers itself typically imposes upon the afflicted.

Ah, I think I misundertood. But yes, some people are just more prone to technical and others are not. You just gotta do what you can with what you have :)

I think I'm pretty technical, but I'm not sure what to make of my art. Not many people are.

But it took me years to find my own niche in art, years of feeling kinda lost and frustrated. When I discovered this style, I was able to feel so much more at peace with myself. Kinda weird, that.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 5:31 am

I'm loving the pictures! The types of sketches I do are mostly snapshots of time, image versions of a diary entry.

kamiyu910, just wow, you do have a niche! :)

JT_B_Goode
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jul 2015, 9:14 pm

I've had a lot of trouble with getting foreshortening to look right, so I end up drawing a lot of standing poses.