Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 12:32 pm

It happens to me a lot. Everyone who knows me becomes a Censorship Board eventually. Almost everything I say becomes subjected to criticism - "you talk too fast", "you repeat yourself too often", "you're weird", "people will think you're crazy", "why do you speak in the third person?", "you shouldn't say that", "you're just using Asperger's as an excuse", etc. Very annoying. It makes me just want to isolate from everyone and withdraw into my own world.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 12:50 pm

I've been censored many times. My mum and sister constantly censored me before I've moved out on my own, 9 years ago. The staff at my clubhouse censor me a lot, because I mention issues that are controversial. I've been censored here on WP many times. I still get censored here by members who see me as less intelligent. I was censored in my own thread that I started asking what people thought of my special interests in the late March of 2012. I wish that there was a report button back than.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 1:46 pm

I am an extremely honest person, which has got me into trouble many times before.

My literal / extremely logical interpretations of situations / people has got me into trouble before.

Girl at school: *sobs*
Girl at school: *turns to me* I'm so upset, I am really upset
Me: why?
Girl at school: my boyfriend broke up with me, I don't know what went wrong *sobs*
Me: he probably broke up with you because he didn't like you, that is the general mechanism by which relationships terminate

I got into trouble with her friends afterwards, and had to ask my dad why. He said that I shouldn't have said that.

I see things in such a hardcore logical manner. My mum is very very emotional all the time. Since I started being a Stoic, my emotions are very low level now. However my mum is 90% emotion, at least, if not 95%. We often get into arguments because she bases her opinion purely on "go with your heart", whereas I am staunchly "go with your head".

I also have sometimes controversial views because I see things in logical systems. For example, I said on Facebook that the NHS should not spend money on giving women who can't conceive IVF. I said that because the NHS is in massive debt, there is a housing crisis in the UK and there aren't enough nursery places. There are too many babies being born, if the death rate could go above the birth rate for a while, then the UK population would stabilise and the housing crisis would lessen, even disappear.

Radio: there is a housing crisis, we need more houses and flats being built
Me: no, there is a birth rate crisis, we need less babies being born

Now that sounds sensible for me, but a lot of people don't like my views.

I am a scientist. I disregard emotion where possible. (Although it is obvious that a low level of emotion is necessary for a human being to survive so I am not totally devoid of emotion)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 6:37 pm

People try to shut me up--but they never succeed!

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 7:28 pm

The ONLY time this happens to me is at WrongPlanet.net. No, seriously.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 7:41 pm

WrongPlanet is the only place I've not been told to shut up! 8O
I think I see things too logically and without enough emotion for people too. I once got in trouble for asking "why doesn't California stop printing voting forms in Spanish to save money since it's not even an official language?" People have said I'd be better off not talking, but at least the people who know me know that'll never happen. Instead, I'll just keep getting silenced in other ways, by being blocked or banned.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 7:49 pm

kamiyu910 wrote:
I think I see things too logically and without enough emotion for people too. I once got in trouble for asking "why doesn't California stop printing voting forms in Spanish to save money since it's not even an official language?" People have said I'd be better off not talking, but at least the people who know me know that'll never happen. Instead, I'll just keep getting silenced in other ways, by being blocked or banned.

Oh, yes. Speaking truth to the powerless quite upsets them. I openly wondered the same thought when I lived in California.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 8:11 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
kamiyu910 wrote:

Oh, yes. Speaking truth to the powerless quite upsets them. I openly wondered the same thought when I lived in California.

I was called "Racist" and unfriended with no explanation as to how or why it was racist :/ No one takes the time to explain why they get offended...

doofy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 8:23 pm

I get censored all the time.

The worst is mental health professionals who tell me "everyone thinks like that" when I try to explain my problems/experiences.

Second worst is my mum, who constantly criticises my use of language. She probably thinks I am too "blunt", and all I think is: "she's known me for 59 years and STILL is telling me how to talk?"

A recent one was a mate to whom I confided my diagnosis and he replied: "maybe, but very mild aspergers". That was that conversation closed down.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 10:30 pm

I think the appropriate word here is 'criticized', not 'censored', which implies that expression is actually being blocked.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jul 2015, 10:32 pm

This mostly happened to me online when I was dealing with a bad psychotic depression & kept posting about stuff.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 10:41 pm

"you talk too fast" - My mother

"you repeat yourself too often" - My mother, classmates

"you're weird" - Classmates, friends

"people will think you're crazy" - My mother

"you shouldn't say that" - My mother, friends

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 11:49 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I think the appropriate word here is 'criticized', not 'censored', which implies that expression is actually being blocked.

I mean censor. Criticism I don't mind as much as being silenced.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 11:51 pm

kamiyu910 wrote:
I was called "Racist" and unfriended with no explanation as to how or why it was racist :/ No one takes the time to explain why they get offended...

kamiyu910 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

I mean censor. Criticism I don't mind as much as being silenced.

That is why I made this thread, though it seemed to have been taken the wrong way by some:

LINK

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2015, 1:17 am

When I was a kid people loved to censor me. Especially my "friends". They basically wanted me to be a nice little basic. Now that I'm older I've found a few real friends. They never censor me.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2015, 7:28 am

Too many times, even at this present. Especially if I ask a serious question. My mom kept telling me to ask it at home, not somewhere else. (where and when I'm usually in a mood to talk at all) Most at the time, all they say is :

Quote:
"you talk too fast", "you repeat yourself too often", "you're weird", "people will think you're crazy", "you shouldn't say that"

And no logical or deeper/valid explanations.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.