Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

_Josh_
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jul 2015, 2:32 pm

Hello guys,

during this last period I realise one important thing: I probably don’t know how to live in the present. It’s hard to explain, but I always find myself thinking about the past or planning my next move.

I’m either living in the past or in the future, but never in the present. If, for example, I’m having lunch, I’m probably thinking what to do after lunch. If I’m out with some friends, my mind is probably somewhere else, thinking about other things.

Good things in particular are probably the hardest for me to enjoy: I’m always thinking when they will end. If something good happens to me, I suddenly find myself thinking that it’s not gonna last.

I would love to be able to live more in the present, without too much thinking (which I know is a good thing, but it’s not something you should do every moment). I think part of the problem is that I’m a heavy introvert, so I easily find myself thinking too much things all in once.

What about you? Do you also usually find yourself living somewhere else instead on be in the moment?

Judas
Raven
Raven

09 Jul 2015, 3:38 pm

Calm your breath, ease up, simply observe what you see, what you hear, what smell, touch and feel. Without judging or interpreting simply observe, notice the world around you, notice how you feel. Feel your body pressing against what you are sitting, standing or lying on. Notice the fabric of your clothes against your skin. Simply notice. When a thought comes up, acknowledge it. Feel it without acting it out, simply observe what it is, without labelling any further. Let the thought or feeling pass, Imagine them as clouds you can simply blow away. Return your focus to your breath and simply listen, watch and observe. Thoughts and feelings will come up, this is normal. Acknowledge them and let them go and return your focus to observing, without judging.

Namaste.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2015, 5:24 pm

What Judas said.

As I have been told more than once: "When I have one foot in yesterday, and the other foot in tomorrow, then I am p*ssing all over today." :D

_Josh_
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jul 2015, 6:14 pm

That's beautiful, Judas! I'll follow your advice.

Marky9 wrote:
"When I have one foot in yesterday, and the other foot in tomorrow, then I am p*ssing all over today." :D

I guess that's true. :)

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2015, 8:26 am

Every morning before getting out of bed I've tried to visualize things what I have to do today, this little habit helps me to actually step through specific things in the morning hours. These morning hours are the most important time I have to win through. If I walk step by step in this hours, it motivates not to ruin the rest of the day as well, forcing me to focus on the matter of the moment without fearing about failures upcoming. So, I recommend you to visualize your hours more vividly before starting your day, and always remind yourself of being in the war against time. The time will conquer you, if you don't conquer it in a split second. After accomplishing things you have to do first, you would more fully enjoy the moments of the free as well. Still, I should admit I was many times wounded in this war, but always tried not to die...I mean I'm not that good in this war either... :cry:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2015, 8:43 am

I wish I could live in the past for a while, so I could correct my mistakes.

I tend to live in the "present" almost all the time; I'm forced to.

It would be nice to be creative enough to live in the future.