ANYTHING HAPPEN IN LIFE THAT YOU WILL NEVER FORGET?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 8:55 pm

I was just looking at a picture of Grumpy Cat (my favorite at this time actually) that reminds me of something that happened in my childhood that I will never forget and has actually shaped my life even up to now. I was in the 6th grade and they had a Christmas chorus where several kids tried out for. I never really knew if I could sing or not, but I really wanted to be in a Christmas choir and I still do. Anyway, we all tried out and out of all the kids I was the only one not accepted into the choir. I still remember this kid next to me making fun of me as I was trying at the time not to cry in front of everybody. After that, I never sang again. Looking back, I don't understand why they just didn't take everyone because no one voice is going to stand out amongst all those kids singing. I don't go to church now, but at Christmas I would almost break into tears when the Christmas choir would sing because it was so beautiful and I wanted to be a part of it. My Ma can sing really well and my brother could and was also in a choir when he was younger. But anyway, that was something that this picture of Grumpy Cat reminded me of. I still love Grumpy Cat!

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 2:38 am

i got in "trouble" once in the 4th grade of whenever because i was the only one lip syncing (how the fucq do they tell??) in the group during the annual "sing". hated those things.

but back then they actually said i did have a good voice, never used it.

i scraped my dad's car pulling into my grandma's house and now i have a crippling far of parking garages.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 7:10 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i got in "trouble" once in the 4th grade of whenever because i was the only one lip syncing (how the fucq do they tell??) in the group during the annual "sing". hated those things.

but back then they actually said i did have a good voice, never used it.

i scraped my dad's car pulling into my grandma's house and now i have a crippling far of parking garages.

Last Christmas, I ran into my parents garage door! No, I hadn't been drinking either. I just somehow forgot to put the jeep in park and turned around to get something out of the backseat and Oops! There were these a**hole neighbors across the street that I could hear start laughing. Sob's. I felt like I was in the twilight zone and was just watching everything happen - I guess I was in shock. I was so upset that I just bawled at the dinner table ruining the dinner entirely, but I never ran into someone's house before with my vehicle. Anyway, it's going to get fixed in the next week costing about $900. It's a joke between me and my Ma now. I told her it's a good thing it's getting fixed - just in time for Christmas this year so I can do a repeat performance. :roll:

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 7:54 am

Walking up the hill to Neuschwanstein Castle, in Germany, I came to a clearing in the trees, and looked over at the Bavarian Alps, and it was the first time in my life, that I truly knew the meaning of the word "awe".

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 8:43 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
Walking up the hill to Neuschwanstein Castle, in Germany, I came to a clearing in the trees, and looked over at the Bavarian Alps, and it was the first time in my life, that I truly knew the meaning of the word "awe".

You wouldn't happen to have a picture would you, CC?

Darn, I flunked.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 10:22 am

My mom has always worn long hippy skirts that she pulls up to her natural waist. She thinks this hides her stomach. I don't think she's owned a pair of pants in about 40 years.

Because of this, I almost always wear pants. The few times I've worn a skirt or a dress it's been exactly knee length. I also don't wear anything high waisted.

chapstan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jul 2015, 10:52 am

Unforgettable- is getting a baby. I phrase it that way, because we adopted, and that whole process took more than 9 months. But when I first saw "our" little baby girl, that I will never forget.

Nurseangela- in your original post you wrote; "but I really wanted to be in a Christmas choir and I still do."
Emphasis mine- are you involved in church stuff? Most church choirs do let everyone in, there's that Bible verse about Make a joyful noise, you just have to be joyful, although it is nice if you also are in tune.

Campin_Cat, in line with your thread about old things, what kind of camera did you have when you went to Neuschwanstein?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 2:12 am

nurseangela wrote:
Last Christmas, I ran into my parents garage door! No, I hadn't been drinking either. I just somehow forgot to put the jeep in park and turned around to get something out of the backseat and Oops! There were these a**hole neighbors across the street that I could hear start laughing. Sob's. I felt like I was in the twilight zone and was just watching everything happen - I guess I was in shock. I was so upset that I just bawled at the dinner table ruining the dinner entirely, but I never ran into someone's house before with my vehicle. Anyway, it's going to get fixed in the next week costing about $900. It's a joke between me and my Ma now. I told her it's a good thing it's getting fixed - just in time for Christmas this year so I can do a repeat performance. :roll:

owie! my grandmother was in the car when i scraped it, a loud metallic scratch, the kind that physically hurts and goes right through you. i think i did startle her. :?

for us the cost was around $500. cars made of popsicle sticks and cellophane wrap nowadays, had to replace both doors! hope this christmas will be less crash-y!

dad joked with me a similar way once the car was fixed, "ready for the next one eh?"

_______

ah, back to things i'll never forget, this was not TOO long ago, i'm a freshman in HS, at a new years party i was only sort-of invited to. the rest are on skype with a friend of theirs in Washington. they all go outside to do their thing, chat or whatever. i'm inside reading a book on the autism spectrum and education (the host's mother is in the field).

the skinny one in a striped shirt walks past me and says: "that's fittingly appropriate".

i could never tell if he meant if it was appropriate to be reading such a book at an NEW YEARS party (sarcasm) of if he was referencing my condition. (no sarcasm)

huh.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.