Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Flow
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 9:58 am

I stared reading Harry Potter in 4th grade.

darkscorpion
Toucan
Toucan

10 Apr 2007, 11:04 am

harry potter books deffinitly better than movies, the final book will rock, any theorys anyone??

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2007, 5:09 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I am a Harry Potter fan but not obsessed over the books & movies.
Best movie is Prisoner of Azkaban, I hope Alfonso Cuaron will return to direct one of the last two movies.

PLEASE RECAST DUMBLEDORE!

the original actor who played dumbledore is dead so it's already been recast. :P

i enjoyed it but then again, i've never read the books so i can enjoy the movies as a separate entity.

which is how it should be....it's always bad news to compare the movie to the book. the book will always be better and always have much more detail (you don't have time constraints that the movies have).

it would be interesting, though, if they shot the movies in the entirety of the books and then released uncut versions later when the final film is made (if a final film is made).

Benji
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Apr 2007, 7:48 pm

I love the books, and my favourite character is Snape.

I found the films really annoyig at first (Harry Potter's hair is not black and his eyes are not green?? Since when?!) and the 'new' Dumbledore just does not seem at all like Dumbledore should be. But after a while I started to like them, just because they're nice to watch (they're 'quite nice to look at' - I like the concept, obviously, because I like the books, and I like how the castle looks and stuff like that). I think a lot of the acting is quite awful, though, to be honest. A lot of the script sounds too rehearsed, mostly in the younger actors.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 9:11 pm

I thought Richard Harris was more faithful to Dumbledore as I saw him in the books, but I think Michael Gambon does a good job too.