Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 5:59 pm

nicklegends wrote:
If I had to choose, I'd say the following are my favorite colors...

Cobalt Blue
Steel Blue
Fern Green
Lunar White

i like this genre of colors too

aqua-ish colors ftw

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 6:33 pm

I like red. It's powerful, unyielding and provocative.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 9:21 pm

calandale wrote:
Red....No, blue.....arrrrghh!

:lol:

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 11:13 pm

Blue, but not sky blue!

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 11:35 pm

Purple. Because in school it was always either red or blue (wannabes) so I just said f it and did them both. :D

Rjaye
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 3:32 am

Thanks for all of your replies...this confirms a little more what I picked up on in other forums.

According to studies in color preference, warmer colors such as yellow, orange, and red are preferred by younger co-horts from infancy through young adulthood, and then preferences change to the cooler colors, with blue predominant, with green and neutrals close behind.

Purple was pretty unpopular among men, while women weren't crazy at all about orange.

Aspies tend toward a wide variety, but I noticed a strong liking for orange, red, and a few yellows, and I noticed many males liked purple, and not just blues, but specific blues.

Coolie.

We stand out even in our color likes.

8)

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 3:40 am

Ochre.

Gaya
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2007, 11:38 am

Rjaye, that's interesting. My favorite colors changed a lot throughout life.

My first favorite color was blue. When I was about three, my preschool friend said "My favorite color is pink. What's yours?" I didn't know what the word "favorite" meant, so I just copied her and said "Pink." He response was "No, that's my favorite color. You have to pick a different one." So I said "Blue." I then asked her what "favorite" meant, and she told me. I kept blue, not because it was actually my favorite color, but because I had said it was. (Although I did love a certain deep, "electric" shade of blue. You know, Grover's color.)

Later on in preschool, I stared at a violet toy while at a friend's house. For a few months my favorite color was violet.

In kindergarten, there was a crayon labeled "Flamingo Pink." It was a shade of hot pink, and became my favorite color for a while. I was very obsessed with my Flamingo Pink crayon, and cried when some kid broke it on purpose to upset me.

By the time I was a freshman in high school, my favorite color was blue again. That was until I read a study that said "80% of Americans prefer the color blue." It made me mad that I was in the majority, so I changed my favorite color to green. I guess that's still where I stand today.

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 12:23 pm

I like warm colors.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2007, 10:43 pm

Favorite colors: Green and Light Blue
in the range from yellow to blue in the visible spectrum are the nicest colors
ultraviolet colors are not bad either

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 4:04 am

Red. I don't like yellow or orange though.

lunchbox
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Apr 2007, 4:07 am

Purple, but only dark purple. I have no idea why.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 4:10 am

All kinds of reds mostly, my room is painted in Burgundy.

mikh07
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 5:17 am

I like green

Mushroom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2007, 5:32 am

nicklegends wrote:
I was thinking about this further, and I realized that there's a color I don't like for every one I do like. An example of a color I dislike is Turquoise, but I find it strange because I love greens and blues--I guess just not both together.

I'm like that... I too love green and blue, but I've hated the colour turquoise with a passion as long as I can remember.

My favourite colours are green and blue as I said before, along with purple. I generally prefer the more greyish or bright shades of these colours.

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Apr 2007, 6:35 am

My favourite colors are Silver, Blue, Black and White. I was also thinking over in my head while reading other peoples post if to put red or not because that was my favourite when I was young but not so much now although I do like it. It does seem true that younger people tend to like warmer colours and my tastes have changed.

I seem to remember when I was young I would dislike blue but I had reasoning behind it rather than an actual dislike of the color more like I wanted to dislike blue.

Ok now im starting to have ideas... Favourite colors could be influenced by environment. I know the first color we are exposed to must be red in the womb although that might be innaccurate since I dont think unborn/newborn babies can see yet?? The colors I would say we are most exposed to in the real world are Blue because the sky is everywhere and Black because of Night and Shadows so over time these could have effect changing the favourite color from warm to some of these.

I guess the way to test it is going to people who live in a desert and ask their favourite colors.. maybe they like yellow/orange. :)