I'm not sure 23%  23%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 30

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 8:31 pm

babybird wrote:
I have an a***hole.

do you mean "arsesoul"? :lmao: I'd probably lose MY arsesoul if it wasn't attached to me :lol:
anyways, it is enlightening that in the Hebrew writings, the original word was nphsh [breath], and in this respect of a living breath I remember reading what Edgar Cayce said about the soul- his impression of the soul hewed somewhat to what the bible said in terms of an incarnate spirit being a living soul, and a dead soul equaling a dead body which has given up the ghost. Cayce also equated the presence of a vital aura in the living, and the absence of said aura in the dead or soon-to-be-dead [in this case, he related his story of waiting for an elevator one day, and when the doors opened the [doomed] passengers all were missing their auras, so he turned around and left, right after which the elevator cable snapped, causing the elevator to plummet to the basement and smashing said passengers to death].

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Aug 2015, 7:29 pm

No one has a soul. That whole concept is ridiculous.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 7:36 pm

Otis Redding had soul, or i'll eat my hat. :mrgreen:

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 7:37 am

If everyone has a soul so do I. If noone does - I don't have one either.
However if the souls are real my soul comes from a different place than most people and this is why I feel like I am on wrong planet. I am a soul from somewhere else incarnated to human body. 8)

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 3:20 pm

Can't remember who wrote:
Is the soul greater than the hum of its parts?

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 3:56 pm

i am a fragment of the greater whole of matter and energy in the form of a spud.

Rosey86
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2015, 12:50 am

Skibz888 wrote:
Were I to give a serious answer, yes, I believe that humans are comprised of both body and soul. Therefore, we don't so much as "have" a soul as we ARE a soul. I also believe that the soul separates from the body after death, but I sure as heck don't have idea what happens from there.

^^ This.

I find it weird when people use the phrase "do I have a soul", because if they didn't in fact have a soul, what would be the "I" they are referring to? Wouldn't they then say "does my body have a soul"? But by then it seems like a silly question.

**Disclaimer** my opinion. Not trying to force it on anybody **end disclaimer** (I've been on many forums... so I'm just being prepared) =P

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 12:53 am

I have at least 3 of 'em :alien:

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 10:19 am

I believe that all living creatures ( certainly animals ) have souls.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 2:31 pm

I believe the earth has a kind of soul [gaia].