Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Chillitotes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Aug 2015, 12:30 pm

Is this weird, I assume it's because I am trying to understand me and others.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 1:33 pm

Why is it weird?

I'm a sociologist. I'm interested in groups of people and what they do.

It's no different than having an interest in trains or dogs. You can easily use it in a profession and to help others.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 1:40 pm

Nothing weird about that at all.

Now....if you were into going into charnel houses and creating monsters out of human body parts.....

Chillitotes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Aug 2015, 1:43 pm

Ooh no, blood makes me throw up

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 1:50 pm

I think its cool that you're into the Social Sciences.

CryosHypnoAeon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2015, 3:28 pm

No, it means you're probably very intelligent.
Because how human apes do their "social stuff" is the crux of understanding how to do well in the current system, or just make it, which sadly is based on how well you manipulate people to get what you want.

You ever notice you have to go "through people" to get every trivial daily thing ?
It's set up as though every numbskull out there has a say in whether you can get something, and even what you get. Like 7 billion little gate-keepers and you have to go through every single one to get what you want or accomplish a simple daily goal.

Even buying food is an arduous process of going to the local monopoly supermarket chain store and coming out with food, and your psychology, self-worth, in-tact.
No small order I assure you. People judging you, standing in lines with lots of weird, strange people, getting pushed around (sometimes literally), angry women cutting to the front of the line because they think the men "won't mind" (this happens all the time where I live, and I don't get it, I probably never will), and random acts of aggression that you never saw coming that leave you standing there like and idiot, not knowing what a safe response to it is. Oh, and so much more.

It's a virtual feast of unpredictability out there.

And ppl ask me why I prefer to stay home all the time.

Ya, try and answer that one without getting yourself into an intractable quagmire.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 4:47 pm

No, I think it's a good idea for an Aspie to study how people tick.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 6:27 pm

Not weird at all. In fact it seems a worthwhile field of study. I'm currently reading "Better Angels of Our Nature - Why Violence Has Declined" by Pinker. Fascinating stuff.