Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Pileo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2015, 1:14 am

Portland's weirdness is forced these days, ever since Portlandia got popular (and yes, Portlandia is pretty close to reality. :p I live near Portland and I know people who are eerily like the characters). There's a shadow of the weirdness, but it's getting washed out. People are really nice there though. Major League Soccer is pretty big here and recently our team has suffered a loss. I was listening to a soccer podcast that had a guest podcaster, who has a podcast for the team we lost to, and he was saying how nice everyone was after his team won. Saying how disappointed they were in their team, but they were happy to see him have a good time and were hoping he was enjoying his visit. That's the kind of city Portland is and Oregon in general. Very welcoming.

I hear San Francisco is great for Aspie's. Silicon Valley is nearby and that place is ran by people on the spectrum and the city doesn't look twice at people acting out or being weird. For a lot of gays, SF is the first place they can actually just be free and be themselves; it shows in the culture of the city. I also hear Seattle is nice. More introverted than weird, but it does have active Aspie groups (some of the members are active here too).

Honestly, if I could choose, I'd pick Seattle, but that's just personal preference.