Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2015, 8:56 pm

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

TheCoolStoryBro
Toucan
Toucan

11 Aug 2015, 8:19 pm

Whoa! 8O I never realized Super Smash Bros. was the story of my life! The chills I was getting from this video!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2015, 2:37 pm

I thought this was a very good video and I think this could be about anyone with any neurodiverse regarding trying to fit in and change and feeling our disability is our worst enemy and we have to fight it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2015, 8:41 am

What a nice video!
And the part about how or why some autistic people are "obsessed" with Nintendo characters makes so much sense for me. Actually, the whole theory is very well thought.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 7:29 am

this video was just so amazing. i actually ended up getting a bit emotional and crying at the end.

it has given me more confidence, and (for some reason) made me a better more focused smash player.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 3:39 am

Neat video. I don't exactly think it was Nintendo's intention to use the Smash Bros. franchise to inform people about the plight of autistic individuals, but I find the parallels drawn in this video to be quite fascinating nonetheless. One thing I will say, my preference for Melee over every other entry in the series likely has something to do with being autistic and having an "old stick in the mud" attitude. ;) I mean, no other game has managed to replicate the feel of Melee's controls or physics.

Regardless, I think this would be a great video for explaining to people what autism is about, even for people who are unfamiliar with the Smash series.

AdamAutistic wrote:
this video was just so amazing. i actually ended up getting a bit emotional and crying at the end.

it has given me more confidence, and (for some reason) made me a better more focused smash player.

Hey, you're back! :D Where where you?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 7:15 am

Wow, that was a very good and even inspiring video! I really liked his take on it.

Quote:
Neat video. I don't exactly think it was Nintendo's intention to use the Smash Bros. franchise to inform people about the plight of autistic individuals, but I find the parallels drawn in this video to be quite fascinating nonetheless.

Quote:
Regardless, I think this would be a great video for explaining to people what autism is about, even for people who are unfamiliar with the Smash series.

I agree completely on both accounts, mr_bigmouth_502

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2015, 2:29 pm

Yeah I felt compelled to share this vid with you all it hit me close to home and has moved me, and the author really did his reasearch and understanding as opposed to making a trollish bigoted video towards autistic people. Great video and i love Nintendo as well :D .

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList