Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

gremlin1011
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Aug 2015, 8:28 pm

hello i need dentist help i have autism and adhd and hate dentists i want too go too a kids dentist that helps with disabilities im 23 and always was strapped down as a kid it helped actually it helped i got iv meds, gas, oral sedation, so i need a dentist who cares

Fitzi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 10:34 pm

It might be easier for someone to offer suggestions if you tell us the general area you live in.

I don't know if any pediatric dentists would take you, but why don't you call some and ask the receptionist? Tell them your situation. If they can't take older patients, they may offer suggestions for you.

Editing to add: Another place you can start is by asking your primary care doctor for suggestions (if you have one). Or, if you have a therapist or social worker, you can ask them too.

zette
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 9:47 am

Google in your area for "sedation dentistry". There are dental practices who specialize in anxious patients and offer gas and sedation. I'm sure one would be willing to work with you or refer you to someone who serves a lot of people with autism.

You could also see if there is a local facebook page or yahoo group for parents of autistic kids, and put up a post asking for recommendations of dentists for autistic adults.

Jacosab12
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Aug 2015, 3:36 am

I don’t think that pediatric dentists would treat an older patient. You should visit some other dentist. I suggest you to consult Torrance dentist and tell him about your situation. I am sure he’ll help you out!