Police everywhere throwing officers under the bus

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

pokeycat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2015, 9:57 pm

In this day and age, if someone is black and they want to kill you, you really dont have much of a choice. If you defend yourself a black criminal, you're racist. Political correctness has run amok.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2015, 12:17 pm

Hmmmmmm. Interesting.

I don't see things this way at all. Could you be more specific about the incident?

pokeycat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Aug 2015, 5:16 pm

Oh sorry. I couldve been more specific.

http://nyfirearms.com/forums/off-topic/ ... print.html

Another thing people seem not to understand is "unarmed" .....a fist is a lethal weapon. There are numerous cases of one punch deaths, right here in Austin alone, in the past few years.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 12:01 pm

Police guilds (not actually "unions) have had almost unimpeded control over their own affairs for a long time now. It's almost as though people forget these are supposed to be public employees under the control of the public, the same as city street sweepers, instead of a separate group that makes their own rules, and rules for the citizens that hire them as well.

Remember: Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Now we may be seeing the pendulum swinging the other way, but it still has a long way to go before most people will be crying tears for the average cop. Law enforcement never was a bad paying job in most areas and now the intrusion of the police Federation unbalances our society.

In the example you give you mention police "being thrown under the bus" by their superiors, the same superiors you might "give a pass" to if their decision had been opposite. Why are these superiors now not able to render a correct decision? I applaud any chief that will buck the automatic tendency to let cops walk with their excuse of "I was afraid." If they're "afraid" perhaps they should find other employment, but increasingly this is a favorite police excuse for indiscriminate shooting.

Perhaps getting "thrown under the bus" is what police need to counter the indiscriminate and cowardly shooting incidents we've read of and seen most recently. Perhaps you have many other, provable, incidents of innocent police being found guilty and then proven innocent, besides Fergusson? None come to my mind and in relation to the huge number of unjustified police killings and brutality Fergusson just shows how far "off base" the police have become.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 12:09 pm

Police kill many white people and it's not big deal. But as soon as police kill a black person it's a big deal.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 12:15 pm

I bet if we got rid of cops in the US, crime rate here would go down.

It's about time cops hold each other up to higher standards. When the people who are protecting and serving are bad role models, it has a negative effect on the rest of the population.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 12:26 pm

Rudin wrote:
Police kill many white people and it's not big deal. But as soon as police kill a black person it's a big deal.

It's not just the matter of "killing" at issue here, it's more the indiscriminate killing that bothers people. Watching iphone video of police caught breaking the law is common now....I'm sure you must have seen these videos as well.

If there are videos of police indiscriminately choking, shooting and killing innocent white people I'd like to see them....do you have any links? Or are you saying there are no links because no one is interested????? I wouldn't agree.....I think people would be just as outraged if the victims were black, white, brown, red or yellow. Perhaps you reflect your environment?

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 2:03 pm

ZenDen wrote:
Rudin wrote:

It's not just the matter of "killing" at issue here, it's more the indiscriminate killing that bothers people. Watching iphone video of police caught breaking the law is common now....I'm sure you must have seen these videos as well.

If there are videos of police indiscriminately choking, shooting and killing innocent white people I'd like to see them....do you have any links? Or are you saying there are no links because no one is interested????? I wouldn't agree.....I think people would be just as outraged if the victims were black, white, brown, red or yellow. Perhaps you reflect your environment?

No I'm saying that policemen kill just as many white people.

Policemen have killed more Americans that sharks, snake bites, ISIS and cancer combined.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 4:14 pm

Rudin wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
Rudin wrote:

Policemen have killed more Americans that sharks, snake bites, ISIS and cancer combined.

Where do you get that...from what I understand people of minorities are more likely to get shot by the police, so not sure they do kill 'just as many' white people. I was reading some thing about a cop getting charged with murder for shooting some white person over marijuana in their car or something not sure I can find the link but...apparently it wasn't just over looked.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 8:23 pm

Rudin wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
Rudin wrote:

They shoot and kill as many white people who are considered to be "white trash" as they do blacks. Around here, the populous could care less, other than goodbye and good riddance.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 8:48 pm

Welcome to POLICE-STATE USA 2015...