Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

AgusCahyo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Aug 2015, 4:44 am

Humans are very confusing to me. But then I start having a reasonable interpersonal skill. This is what I did.

75% of interpersonal skill is not emotion. It is strategy. Understand game theory and you understand people.
Humans have nature. One of those nature is to be hypocritical. Understand their true nature and they would be very understandable. To understand humans nature, you can read the Red Queen.
Listen more speak less. Think of humans as objects and try to understand how they work.
Have a neurotypical bro explains things I don't understand.

At the end, I get along well.

I wonder if I am an autistic people or not?

I also tried some drugs and that seems to allow me to see things from other perspective.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 6:27 am

If you are asking for a diagnosis of your mental state, then you would be better off to seek one from an appropriately-trained and licensed mental-health professional.

But if you came for some half-baked opinions from a bunch of untrained and unlicensed know-it-alls, then you've come to the right place!

As for my opinion, I think that you should lay off of the psychotropic drugs, unless they were prescribed by an appropriately trained and licensed medical professional.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 10:15 am

Human beings are way more complex than what you find in those books of yours. If you live within the narrow confines of those opinions, your life won't be a rich one.

There's NO WAY anybody here can tell if you're autistic nor not.

Like Fnord, said, get an evaluation from a professional if you desire it.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 11:48 am

While game theory is accurate it is based on probability and predictions which is not completely mathematically accurate.

Humans can be quite pseudo-random, since true randomness only exists in a quantum world.

You can't read people using mathematics, you've been getting too many ideas off of Numb3rs.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 11:49 am

Fnord wrote:
If you are asking for a diagnosis of your mental state, then you would be better off to seek one from an appropriately-trained and licensed mental-health professional.

But if you came for some half-baked opinions from a bunch of untrained and unlicensed know-it-alls, then you've come to the right place!

As for my opinion, I think that you should lay off of the psychotropic drugs, unless they were prescribed by an appropriately trained and licensed medical professional.

I think the OP means illicit drugs to be used as a social lubricant. Such as marijuana.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 12:43 pm

AgusCahyo wrote:
Humans have nature. One of those nature is to be hypocritical.

Yes, humans are hypocritical. Part of the hypocrisy, stems from selfishness...they want to be able to do whatever they want, but they don't want someone else to do the same thing. Another reason is because humans are "sheeple", as in they believe and go along with whatever the masses believe, even if it goes against their own ideals. I have found religious people to be the worst, and I think this is mostly because they are more gullible, and easily influenced, than the normal population...ducks from religious people. :o

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 9:43 pm

Rudin wrote:
Fnord wrote:
If you are asking for a diagnosis of your mental state, then you would be better off to seek one from an appropriately-trained and licensed mental-health professional. But if you came for some half-baked opinions from a bunch of untrained and unlicensed know-it-alls, then you've come to the right place! As for my opinion, I think that you should lay off of the psychotropic drugs, unless they were prescribed by an appropriately trained and licensed medical professional.
I think the OP means illicit drugs to be used as a social lubricant. Such as marijuana.
Since THC is a psychoactive substance, my opinion still stands.

The OP should not us such drugs unless legally prescribed.

AgusCahyo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2015, 2:32 am

Fnord wrote:
Rudin wrote:
Fnord wrote:
If you are asking for a diagnosis of your mental state, then you would be better off to seek one from an appropriately-trained and licensed mental-health professional. But if you came for some half-baked opinions from a bunch of untrained and unlicensed know-it-alls, then you've come to the right place! As for my opinion, I think that you should lay off of the psychotropic drugs, unless they were prescribed by an appropriately trained and licensed medical professional.

And why should I care if something is legal or not? Unless I get caught?

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 7:37 am

Fnord wrote:
Rudin wrote:
Fnord wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with you, I completely agree.

I am saying that some drugs that the OP might have used aren't able to be legally prescribed.

-Paul Erdos

-Bruce Schneider

AgusCahyo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2015, 2:56 pm

My opinion on morality varies.

Now I see moralities like weather. It exist. We should know and understand. But that's pretty much it. Not simply because people think that something is moral means we should there.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 4:33 pm

Rudin wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Rudin wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Since THC is a psychoactive substance, my opinion still stands. The OP should not us such drugs unless legally prescribed.
I'm not disagreeing with you, I completely agree. I am saying that some drugs that the OP might have used aren't able to be legally prescribed.
My bad.

The opinion that self-medicating with psychoactive drugs has nothing at all to do with morality, legality, or ethics - it just has everything to do with the fact that misusing psychoactive drugs will mess up your brain and you won't even know it.

But if a messed-up brain is what someone wants, then that's their choice to make; just as it is my choice to not support them in any way.

AgusCahyo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Aug 2015, 4:34 am

Anyway recently a worker almost cheated me out of money.

He said, painting the gate is not part of the deal and ask $50 extra for that. I don't mind paying but my neurotypical friends come. He pointed out that it's in his note. I do not know whether the contractor deliberately forget that the paint is part of a deal. I don't care. To me it is deliberate.

So we got things done. My bro told me that I got to learn to be bossy. If some of our worker doesn't want to get in, he should just insist that they do.

Interpersonal skills require np, or psychopaths. They don't understand humans like I do. But based on experience, they get things done.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2015, 7:12 am

The "Humans are hypocritical" statement you make is really far off the mark. Some humans are, some of the time. Neither all humans, nor any humans all of the time, are hypocritical. That you're making such global statements and talking about "strategy" when socializing says to me that your social skills are probably pretty poor. There are multiple reasons that might be the case, though, and autism is only one of many.

You also seem to detach yourself from other humans emotionally, something that I do not often see on the autism spectrum. Many of us indeed see socializing as a problem to be solved, but the goal is to really communicate, not to win some kind of game. Many of us are a bit detached because we do not "copy" others' emotions, and yet we still want to do things that benefit others and tie us into our communities. Some people who are severely autistic do still not understand the idea that other people have minds, but the vast majority of us understood it by about age six or seven.

I can't say that the experiences you describe make you autistic, because they can happen for many reasons. They honestly sound a little more like schizoid personality to me, but even that has more traits to it that you don't mention; plus, yours might not even be an indicator of anything diagnosable at all. Human beings come in many varieties, and a few do have a detached attitude and see socializing as a strategy game, without needing any diagnosis whatsoever.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

AgusCahyo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Aug 2015, 9:49 am

There is a science on hypocricy.

For example, humans often have bizare sense of morality and come up with moral reasoning that doesn't make sense.

Why people that are pro choice or pro life are against prostitution?

For example?

There is a lot of hypocricy there. Being a prostitute is a choice. Being able to choose richer men in polygamy or sugar relationship greatly lower the need for abortion.

Yet those are not easy to be made.

Hypocritical people do not know they are hypocritical. They honestly believe their own moral rethoric. They are like terrorists, killing innocents, while killing themselves, and truly believe that they're doing their victims a favor. They think they're helping people to get to heaven by motivating them to repent.

The truth is there isn't much if at all altruism among non members of families. People are using each other. Often, even though it's toward both's interest to cooperate, people would hurt each other on series of brinkmanship games.

They just pretend that they're helping each other. The truth is, if Bob's profit is equal, Bob would want Charlie to suffer because Bob wants' relative advantage due to envy.