SOMEONE ELSE Could've Played Him / Her, Better!!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2015, 8:40 am

I was watching a movie this weekend, and got the idea for a counter-thread, to my "NO ONE Could Have Played Him / Her Better"----so, here's my first entry:

"Lucinda", played by Vivaca A. Fox, in "Ella Enchanted" was pretty bad. I hate to keep "nominating" Meryl Streep, for everything, but that role needed someone like her, in that they can play ANYTHING----Vivaca A. Fox is NOT that kind of actress; she had intonation, but not feeling.

If you can, please also post whom you feel would've done a better job, in whatever move / TV show.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2015, 7:57 am

Edward Norton as Bruce Banner. However someone else DID play him better afterwards: Mark Ruffalo.

The cast of the Twilight series. (Never saw them, but that is what I understand. I don't know who could have done better.)

Kevin Costner as Robin Hood in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. At the very least, somebody who CAN speak with a British accent.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2015, 1:45 pm

George Clooney or Russell Crowe as Robert Langdon in The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons.

{Don't get me wrong, Tom Hanks is still a great actor, but the studio also should have gotten a better director instead of Ron Howard.}

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 8:47 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
George Clooney or Russell Crowe as Robert Langdon in The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons.

{Don't get me wrong, Tom Hanks is still a great actor, but the studio also should have gotten a better director instead of Ron Howard.}

Yeah, I agree, insofar as someone else could've played that role better----I can't think WHO (I don't agree with George and Russell)----but, I can remember when I saw the movie, I was thinking "noooooo".

I ADORE Tom Hanks, but he just didn't fit, right, for some reason.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2015, 8:54 pm

I just saw "The Last Witch Hunter". It would have been a decent movie if Vin Diesel hadn't completely sucked in the lead role. It needed someone who could convey vulnerability as well as strength. Liam Neeson, maybe, or Keanu Reeves.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2016, 3:31 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

Yeah, I agree, insofar as someone else could've played that role better----I can't think WHO (I don't agree with George and Russell)----but, I can remember when I saw the movie, I was thinking "noooooo".

I ADORE Tom Hanks, but he just didn't fit, right, for some reason.

How about Tom Cruise as Robert Langdon? However, given Cruise's infamous big ego, I don't know how he would have been a good Robert Langdon.