Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jadey156
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2015, 12:54 pm

Hi, I was wondering if there is any way for me to regulate the noise level in my house (and its annoying being the only family member who has autism), what is going on is my mum keeps shouting, laughing, arguing all the time, i have two dogs who bark at anything that makes a banging noise, a two year old sister who is a noise machine, my 13 year old sister who keeps arguing and creating her own noise, neighbours who blast music and shout all the time. I have tried to use headphones but my family complains that I am being antisocial and I have tried to sound proof my room but it doesn't seem to work.
If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 1:32 pm

I have eardefners

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 1:36 pm

I can't think of anything except to try not to be there as much as possible.

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 1:50 pm

I was brought up for a while in a very chaotic household.

I can remember spending a lot of time playing out because it was much more peaceful.

One of my stepsisters used to lock herself in the bathroom for peace and she didn't have ASD or anything.

It is really difficult but unfortunately there's not much you can do unless there is a quiet place for you to retreat to for a couple of hours a day.

I also used to enjoy sitting on the roof in the middle of the night. Very peaceful.