Socks and toe seams, or clothing tags annoy you?

Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 3:17 am

Noca wrote:
Anyone else find that the toe seams in their socks drive them nuts? Or the tags on their t-shirts? I have always had to final special pairs of socks where the toe seam was moved from where it is usually located by the toe nail. I've cut the tags off of every shirt that I've ever owned because the sensory feeling just drove me mad.

Never had a problem with toe seams. I cut all of the tags out of my cloths as soon as I buy them. Why would anyone not cut the tags out of their clothes? Even if you are not sensitive to the tag, it looks ridiculous to have a tags sticking out.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 3:55 am

It bothered me more when I was a kid. I remember thinking that it was ridiculous that clothes were made with the seams on the inside rather than the outside.

Darod
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2015, 7:36 pm

Yes, yes, yes! I can only wear Thorlo socks. Very expensive, but the only socks I can handle around the toes. And I only have tagless shirts. I despise anything tight around my skin. When I was a teenager and still undiagnosed, I would cut the necks of my shirts because they were too tight and too close to my neck. Felt like I was choking. :( But then again, I hated school and was always bullied, so already on edge anyway. And so it didn't take much to push me over. I had no coping mechanisms then, so any little thing was just impossible to take on top of everything else. Nowadays, I can handle when some things are uncomfortable or not how I would otherwise have liked them to be. Like, my favorite thing to wear are my jeans, and jeans aren't loose. But because I'm not having to deal with a bunch of other difficult things, I can actually like wearing them.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 11:01 pm

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
It bothered me more when I was a kid. I remember thinking that it was ridiculous that clothes were made with the seams on the inside rather than the outside.

Yeah seams in fitted clothes drive me nuts too. Flat locked seams aren't that bad though.

Om anothet note I always wondered why they made tags out of the most itchy material they could find.

michael517
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 4:21 pm

Yup.

What really sucks is when you cut off the tag, but can't get it all off, so you end up with something even more annoying that what it was in the first place.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 12:42 pm

michael517 wrote:
Yup.

What really sucks is when you cut off the tag, but can't get it all off, so you end up with something even more annoying that what it was in the first place.

Or you miss and end up cutting the article of clothing in addition to cutting the tag off lol.

Anachron
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2015, 1:47 pm

Yuuuup! I was cutting tags for over twenty years before I discovered what Asperger's is.
Although, I do leave the tag on bath towels because I have a system of drying off where I divide the towel into six panels (3 front & 3 back) and designate each part of my body to a panel, starting from the tag, so that I never wipe my face with the part of the towel that I dry my butt with.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 2:34 pm

Anachron wrote:
Yuuuup! I was cutting tags for over twenty years before I discovered what Asperger's is.
Although, I do leave the tag on bath towels because I have a system of drying off where I divide the towel into six panels (3 front & 3 back) and designate each part of my body to a panel, starting from the tag, so that I never wipe my face with the part of the towel that I dry my butt with.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Talk about a Systematizer! :D :D :D :D

(for clarification I am not mocking just laughing because I do sh*t like that all the time)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 4:24 pm

..I have worn only sandals without socks - Full-foot or " hiking " sandals , not thongs/flip flops - for the last year or so , at least . :wink:

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 6:20 pm

Oh, yes. I can tolerate them somewhat better than I could as a child, but they still bother me. Toe seams are especially horrible, so I stick to one brand that I like.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2015, 6:35 pm

I'm the same way, as I have to cut the tags out of my clothing since they annoy me. This issue was one of the things that helped me get diagnosed with Asperger's when I was in my late 20's. Toe seams in socks don't really annoy me, but I do hate that sometimes you can't get the entire tag off, and you end up putting holes in clothing.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 6:44 pm

My socks don't have seams but the thick border that crowns the upper end get really annoying at times, and I have to pull them all the way up or else it'll feel weird.

I also have an issue with shirt collars touching my neck when I'm laying down in bed. Clothing tags annoyed the f**k out of me when I was a kid.

Ben_Is_My_Only_God
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Sep 2015, 4:50 pm

I cut the tags off all my T-shirts, sweaters etc. before I ever wear them and I always wear socks inside out, that way the seams don't bother me.

345 is a nice number on which to end.

Bimog And The Search For Pangea

Nick22
Raven
Raven

02 Sep 2015, 5:29 pm

I've never really "got" the magic formula which enables you to get the heel bit of the sock in the right place. Fortunately, with age I seem to manage it more often than not. However, when it does end up slightly wrong, that feeling is completely unacceptable and has to be remedied as a matter of urgency!

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2015, 6:24 pm

It depends, if the tags are like the thin polyester tags like on many standard online shop t-shirts, then they don't bug me that much.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 2:56 pm

One of the things I can't stand is the stitching on the inside of shirts (the underside of buttons, cuff seams, etc.) They're scratchy and prickly. It feels like little needles digging into me.

If tags annoy me, I just rip/cut/unpick them out. They're scratchy.

Socks, I've ALWAYS got to put them on correctly, with the toe seam straight across the end of my toes.
I'm like the princess and the pea. The slightest lump in my socks and I can't stand it. I don't care where I am. If I'm uncomfortable, the shoe comes off and the lump gets dealt with. I don't care if I'm in a train, at work, anywhere. The shoe comes off!

There are also certain materials I can't wear because they're scratchy. I haven't worn a woolen jumper since I was in infants school.

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.