Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

kittenfluffies
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 2:03 pm

Luckily I have a really cool boss. Otherwise I probably would have gotten a pink slip for saying these things in the past 2 days:

Today:
Boss: How are you today?
Me: I'm PMSing....really short fuse today.

Yesterday:
Me: I watched this home improvement show yesterday about this Asian girl who was obsessed with Hello Kitty, and had her whole apartment decorated accordingly.
Boss: *laughter*
Me: Yeah, she reminded me of myself - I have Hello Kitty everything. I have a Hello Kitty toaster, a Hello Kitty Waffle Maker, a Hello Kitty Popcorn maker and all kinds of other stuff. When I get bored I sit down and rearrange my collection of Hello Kitty dolls. My boyfriend thinks I'm insane.
Boss: *laughter* Well, whatever makes you happy dear.
Me: Yeah, well my obession really started when I broke my leg and spent weeks on Percocet. I would sit on the internet all day and order stuff from Sanrio while high.
Boss: *uncontrollable laughter*

Yeah, she's awesome. I couldn't work for anyone else.

HolidayonIce
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Apr 2007, 3:43 pm

I can relate!

Actually, my supervisor has 5 daughters and considers it a favor when one of his staff warns him about PMSing... he cuts a wide path for the duration.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum now, as are several more of us who've been there years and years, and his wife is our age, too, so the same warnings apply re: menopause. A couple of years ago I woke up spitting angry with the world, for no reason ye ken, and was afraid my 'polite filter' wasn't going to engage at all that day. I called him and said I woke up angry and felt like picking a fight with my cats, the news delivery, the mailman, etc., and even though he hadn't said a word beyond hello I told him I was feeling a bit pissed at him, too, and decided I'd better stay home. There was dead silence for about 10 seconds, then he said "Thank you. See you tomorrow."

krex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 4:08 pm

I have heard that aspies are not to good at readng faces,when we dare to look ,but I know one look very well......

Confused.I am never sure what I have said but I know that it is usually followed by silence and perplexed looks.

I have had two specific situations at work that I cant figure out how to handle but know it is not the way I am doing it.The first is when one person comes to me and tells me that they are mad because a co-worker left work early and it was OKed by the management and that meant that everyone had to work harder and got behind in their own work trying to cover for her....I offered my sympathy and said that a person needs to get their priorities straight and that it will only work if we are all working like a team(this sounded like something I have heard people say,sounded right)

Then another co-worker came and complained about the person who was complaining because the person who had to leave had let management know that she couldnt work those hours and they had scheduled her any way....so,I offered my sympathy and said,then it was the managements fault and they needed to get their scheduling right.

I hate to be stuck between some weird click in-fighting,Why do people drag me into this stuff.When I was younger, I made the mistake of saying that I dont like to gossip....that doesnt go over very well,Even my mom asked me"Who do you think you are to act so self righteous?)

The second situation.I came into work and it was chaos.I was asked to do a lot of work that had nothing to do with my job and should have been completed before I got there....but wanting to be nice....I said I would do my best to get it done(not realizing how much there actually was left undone....I have always managed to take up unfinished tasks,so they got used to me doing it)

So,because I had to get caught up on the work of the 5 people who left....I couldnt get my own work done and I thought it made me look incompitent.So,I left a note in the communication log mentioning an hour by hour record of all the work I had done(previous shifts work)and explained this is why I didnt get done with my work(lots of cleaning stuff).....Now I'm afraid to go back into work because the people who asked me to do their work probably got into trouble for leaving before their work was done.(which wasnt totally their fault as one worker left early because her house burned down and a guy left because his grandpa was in the hospital......Management knows this,so maybe they wont be to bad?)

I have always been a little tattle tale to avoid getting in trouble for things I didnt think were my fault.I felt like I was stuck between a rock and a hard place and could only get out by chewing off my own arms(a no win).

So,thats how my life is,I hate "jobs" but like to work,go figure.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Last edited by krex on 03 Apr 2007, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 4:48 pm

How could you be that way?

That's not bad!

08 Apr 2007, 1:11 pm

Good to see another adult who likes Hello Kitty. I wonder what my boyfriend would say when I tell him. He told me no other grownups like Hello Kitty because its for kids and I can't be AS because other aspies are more mature than me. I pointed out to him there were other apsies on here who like immature stuff too but he said they were all teens and kids, their profiles don't say their ages. He'd also ask me "but how old are they, it doesn't say their ages." I still think I'm PDDNOS though.

I also have Hello Kitty stuff. I have the alarm clock, toaster, waffle maker, soap holder, pillow diary set, steering wheel cover, gloves, PC game, card holder where you keep your IDs in and credit cards, ornaments, and the huge hello kitty doll. I also have the card game. I also have some Hello Kitty pencils and pencil holder and some hello Kitty shirts.

What's PMS? I know it can't be Premenstral syndrome because it has nothing to do with this thread.

tomart
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Apr 2007, 7:05 pm

krex wrote:
I have heard that aspies are not to good at readng faces,when we dare to look ,but I know one look very well......

Confused.I am never sure what I have said but I know that it is usually followed by silence and perplexed looks.

I hate to be stuck between some weird click in-fighting,Why do people drag me into this stuff.When I was younger, I made the mistake of saying that I dont like to gossip....that doesnt go over very well,Even my mom asked me"Who do you think you are to act so self righteous?)

I have always been a little tattle tale to avoid getting in trouble for things I didnt think were my fault.I felt like I was stuck between a rock and a hard place and could only get out by chewing off my own arms(a no win).

So,thats how my life is,I hate "jobs" but like to work,go figure.

Yes, Yes, YES!! ! Me too - when problems, conflicts come up, (as they always do, especially at work) I automatically tell the truth about what went wrong, naively thinking that's what people need to hear to sort things out, AND, ... AND! because I CAN'T LIE!! ! I don't have the face for it, I can't remember and keep lies straight, and I HATE DOING IT. That's a real disability in the workplace. You get used and manipulated, besides being laughed at.

What can I tell you? As an outsider, you'll always get caught between clique infighting? I think the only solution to that is to become part of a clique, who will define and limit you thereafter. Could you live like that? Especially when your group is led by some stupid twit and you start disagreeing with their stupidities? And that's IF a group (other than more outsiders) will let you in in the first place.

I need to get back to work, but your post reminds me of why I HATE, DESPISE and AM SICKENED by WORKPLACES and OFFICE POLITICS. It's to the point where I'd gladly accept the label Disabled.