Girl Meets World episode for 9/11 is about Aspergers

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 10:56 am

That's right, the new episode airing tonight September 11th ( titled Girl Meets I Am Farkle ) deals with Farkle getting diagnosed and actually researching the autism spectrum. The writers & producers have talked with experts and done their research to ensure accuracy.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 11:12 am

....I've gone my whole life without watching Teen Soaps on Disney, but then Disney forced my hand.

StandardAlien001
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Sep 2015, 1:58 am

My mom watched it. She cried.

...I'm...not sure why, but okay. :roll:

I watched part of it, and I do wish there was more representation like that when I was younger. Maybe more kids would have tried to be nicer instead of being mean whenever they saw something unusual about me.

LordRikerQ
Raven
Raven

12 Sep 2015, 9:57 pm

StandardAlien001 wrote:
My mom watched it. She cried.

...I'm...not sure why, but okay. :roll:

I watched part of it, and I do wish there was more representation like that when I was younger. Maybe more kids would have tried to be nicer instead of being mean whenever they saw something unusual about me.

I think this is great, I wish there was more aspie awareness, as it is most NTs I've ever met think aspies are all psycho mass murderers waiting to happen because of the no friends, loner, social issues and creepiness.

I wish I was joking, but I've had many NTs including my family state that belief about us.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2015, 11:40 am

spoiler....

after giving it some thought...as I initially didn't know how I felt about it. while this was practically my first time watching it. I did really like Farkle. and i guess the two girls reactions were realistic...in always getting scared and going into such denial that he might have it. the whole time i was thinking, "stop being scared of us." but in general...they tried...and they failed. however, i guess kudos for them on TRYING to get the word out.

maybe one day, they'll actually do more of what the The Bridge did, bringing in our Alex as the "expert".

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

LordRikerQ
Raven
Raven

13 Sep 2015, 5:17 pm

Simmian7 wrote:
spoiler....

after giving it some thought...as I initially didn't know how I felt about it. while this was practically my first time watching it. I did really like Farkle. and i guess the two girls reactions were realistic...in always getting scared and going into such denial that he might have it. the whole time i was thinking, "stop being scared of us." but in general...they tried...and they failed. however, i guess kudos for them on TRYING to get the word out.

maybe one day, they'll actually do more of what the The Bridge did, bringing in our Alex as the "expert".

Im really hoping more awareness does get done, because that tends to be exactly what happens in my experience, the fear factor and i really find it offensive NTs think up a whole bunch of crap about aspies and then just work on the assumption its true without giving it a chance.