Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

superpentil
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Sep 2015, 2:58 pm

I have my learners permit and have been in the car driving around and it's not what people have made it seem. Everyone made it sound like when you bought a car you suddenly had so much freedom, you can go anywhere, you can do anything, blah blah blah, and it's just not true or at least not true anymore. I find that I can't enjoy sightseeing and I can't enjoy listening to music becuase I'm busy focusing on the road and the random crap that may be on it. In California they require car insurance to drive, and that's just too much. Maintenance costs, Gas, the registrations with the DMV (both to use or not use your car every year) all sit at the back of your mind and it all adds up to just make driving a pain in the behind. Even without those things it's not like I can actually go anywhere that I consider fun. I mean, everything now is pitted against you when you're a minor (I'm 18, not far ahead of being a minor). The insurance is higher, curfew, limits on who and what you can have in your car, there's no point. Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels this way, becuase I've seen tons of articles on people making a big deal about the current generation driving less, and they all blame it on Facebook or Twitter or Xbox Live, and that's just not true. I think it's more of a "people are on Xbox Live more becuase they can't do anything else" rather than the inverse.

What happened to driving? It looks better in those shows from the 50's.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 175 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 37 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)