Yes, I'm NT and I do. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
No, I'm NT and I don't. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 41

Raf_19
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Sep 2015, 8:10 am

yea i sometimes repeat the last part of what someone just said, usually in a few different tones or even start to sing it :oops: and i also have a verbal stim which is clicking with my tongue, not very often tho

Fraljmir
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Sep 2015, 8:36 am

Yes, but only in a private space with no-one else around (not even my family), like a car.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 11:39 am

Fraljmir wrote:
Yes, but only in a private space with no-one else around (not even my family), like a car.

I think that is how/why as a young child I learned to vocal stim inside my head only? I couldn't not do it, but was taught it was not acceptable to do it where anyone could hear it. Not the greatest workaround, btw.

Fraljmir
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Sep 2015, 12:24 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
I think that is how/why as a young child I learned to vocal stim inside my head only? I couldn't not do it, but was taught it was not acceptable to do it where anyone could hear it. Not the greatest workaround, btw.

I'm still in the process of getting a diagnosis, so for all I know at this stage I could or couldn't be on the Autism Spectrum. I agree that it probably isn't the greatest work around, but it's something that's ingrained deeply inside of me- I just can't vocal stim around other people almost all of the time, but whenever I'm alone I seem to do it instinctively without even thinking about it. Perhaps not doing it around other people is part of the cause for my depression & anxiety, as I'm unable to properly destress myself.