Page 3535 of 4092 [ 65464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3532, 3533, 3534, 3535, 3536, 3537, 3538 ... 4092  Next

CloudClimber
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 12:32 am

I just am not having a good week. Today is much worse than normal. So tired :(

Zack1994
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Mar 2019, 12:34 am

Marknis wrote:
My therapist told me women in their 30's get tired of the bad boys and will be more willing to consider me a potential partner. Well, I am pushing 31 and I am still being overlooked by the opposite sex. :(

Personally I believe I won't have a chance to get a potential partner either. It isn't because of being a bad boy either. I am already that, and still I don't get girlfriends. Bad boys do not get women either, and are looked at as creepy.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 2:58 am

CloudClimber wrote:
I just am not having a good week. Today is much worse than normal. So tired :(

So sorry :( .

I just got up so today's going ok for me so far.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 3:23 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
“Care about people’s approval and you will be their prisoner.” --Lao Tzu.

Seconded. I should probably apply this less to my emails.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 5:03 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
“Care about people’s approval and you will be their prisoner.” --Lao Tzu.

Lovely quote and so very true.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 2:17 pm

Today I'm researching fate and free will in both popular culture and as a philosophical dilemma.

Before I dive into philosophy, though, I need to figure out if it's at all possible for me to live on $1,050 odd a month.

*sigh* Money is so complicated.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 2:39 pm

There Are Four Lights!

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 2:39 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Today I'm researching fate and free will in both popular culture and as a philosophical dilemma.

Before I dive into philosophy, though, I need to figure out if it's at all possible for me to live on $1,050 odd a month.

i know lots of people who live on less than 800 USD/mo. they also get some food stamps and subsidized housing.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 2:59 pm

cathylynn wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:

i know lots of people who live on less than 800 USD/mo. they also get some food stamps and subsidized housing.

I am currently on way less than that. I'd feel rich on $1000 a month.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 4:03 pm

"Florida Man" sure seems to get into a lot of trouble.

There Are Four Lights!

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 7:54 pm

Darmok wrote:

Love it! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 7:54 pm

No one, not matter who they are or what they have done. deserves to be hurt of punished in any way, shape, or form. I read somewhere that rapists, murderers, and serial killers are caused by chemical imbalances, abuse, and cycles of violence in the people's personal lives.

It's society, and people's beliefs, perceptions, views, and tendencies to see themselves and everything as separate from everything and everyone else that is the core problem of humanity.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 7:58 pm

cathylynn wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:

Agreed. I know many people living on $750/month, which is the SSI payment most get. They share housing, food stamps, bus passes are very cheap, they can get a free cell phone or subsidized land line. There are food pantries also.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 8:07 pm

I get $1,000 a month in disability money, plus a little extra. Now I feel guilty for getting more than others.
My mum takes $700 or so for "rent" and food, but I never know what to do with the leftover $350, so it just sits in my account.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 8:13 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I get $1,000 a month in disability money, plus a little extra. Now I feel guilty for getting more than others.
My mum takes $700 or so for "rent" and food, but I never know what to do with the leftover $350, so it just sits in my account.

My intention was not to make you feel guilty but to open your eyes to the possibilities. :D

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 8:20 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
No one, not matter who they are or what they have done. deserves to be hurt of punished in any way, shape, or form. I read somewhere that rapists, murderers, and serial killers are caused by chemical imbalances, abuse, and cycles of violence in the people's personal lives.

People who commit these acts are clearly not right in the head but they can't be allowed to continue, so I think some form of punishment is needed and incarceration is probably the most humane form of punishment for these people.

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Now I feel guilty for getting more than others.

Don't sweat it , I'm happy for you :)

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard