Page 3532 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3529, 3530, 3531, 3532, 3533, 3534, 3535 ... 4092  Next

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 12:15 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Ummm. :scratch:

What I saw was, "You matter. Don't give up."

That's because you have a positive outlook , I saw "You Don't Matter , Give Up" :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 1:47 am

It’s on two separate pieces of paper.

It absolutely means “don’t give up” when the papers are put together.

If it was one piece, the meaning would be ambiguous.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 4:44 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
you're too hard on yourself.
you're too easy on everyone else.
you don't seem to know what you want out of life.
as i always tell my husband, you could rely a bit more on logic rather than feelings.
have you checked into housing subsidies yet? if not, you're procrastinating on taking care of yourself as best possible.

you are loving.
you are smart.
you are creative.
you are industrious (nanowrimo comes to mind immediately).
you are brave enough to share about yourself and even to ask for feedback.

No one seems to know what they want out of life. Now that I think about it, that seems like kind of an odd phrase...aren't you always "in" life instead of out of it? :scratch:
I may have pointy ears, but I'm not a Vulcan. :P
I'm checking subsidized housing right now. Thanks for reminding me.

Zack: Aww, thanks. :) No worries. You're not embarrassing me.

fluffysaurus wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I have a request to make, for everyone here in general, and it might be a difficult one.

My request is: please make a list of three or five points each, of negative things about me. I've been trying lately to examine "my dark side", and I figured that having multiple outside perspectives might help a lot.

I'm imagining your dark side is like this.

That made me burst out laughing! Thank you! That really cheered me up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree that you are very brave to ask for frank feedback. Not so in agreement with logic v's feelings. Those feelings can be the best way to help us understand ourselves.

My darkside (or shadow side as we call it in the trade) comes out when there is some kind of injustice or unfairness and especially for the oppressed. Also when I am driving. I used to have very dark thoughts towards people who didn't pick up their dog poo and traffic wardens.

It helps me to examine my bahaviour and feelings around certain events or situations to discover what might be underneath or where such strong forces come from. Then I get to know myself better.

We used to do an exercise called the 'johari window' where we would take turns to help each other understand our strengths and blinds spots.

Zack1994
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Mar 2019, 8:56 am

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 2:33 pm

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 2:42 pm

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 3:51 pm

Nah , The new Dr is Jodie Whittaker.

That's a picture of Katy Manning , she was the Dr's assistant Jo Grant in the early 70's when Worzel Gummidge was the Dr.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 7:42 pm

Temeraire wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
you're too hard on yourself.
you're too easy on everyone else.
you don't seem to know what you want out of life.
as i always tell my husband, you could rely a bit more on logic rather than feelings.
have you checked into housing subsidies yet? if not, you're procrastinating on taking care of yourself as best possible.

you are loving.
you are smart.
you are creative.
you are industrious (nanowrimo comes to mind immediately).
you are brave enough to share about yourself and even to ask for feedback.

No one seems to know what they want out of life. Now that I think about it, that seems like kind of an odd phrase...aren't you always "in" life instead of out of it? :scratch:
I may have pointy ears, but I'm not a Vulcan. :P
I'm checking subsidized housing right now. Thanks for reminding me.

Zack: Aww, thanks. :) No worries. You're not embarrassing me.

fluffysaurus wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I have a request to make, for everyone here in general, and it might be a difficult one.

My request is: please make a list of three or five points each, of negative things about me. I've been trying lately to examine "my dark side", and I figured that having multiple outside perspectives might help a lot.

I'm imagining your dark side is like this.

That made me burst out laughing! Thank you! That really cheered me up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree that you are very brave to ask for frank feedback. Not so in agreement with logic v's feelings. Those feelings can be the best way to help us understand ourselves.

My darkside (or shadow side as we call it in the trade) comes out when there is some kind of injustice or unfairness and especially for the oppressed. Also when I am driving. I used to have very dark thoughts towards people who didn't pick up their dog poo and traffic wardens.

It helps me to examine my bahaviour and feelings around certain events or situations to discover what might be underneath or where such strong forces come from. Then I get to know myself better.

We used to do an exercise called the 'johari window' where we would take turns to help each other understand our strengths and blinds spots.

feelings are important, but when one is trying to achieve a positive outcome, logic can be indispensable. i tend to make decisions based on feelings and values. as i've matured, i've come to see the usefulness of logic and become more able to use it.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 8:35 pm

Isn't it odd how things like Animorphs, Harry Potter, and The Hunger Games started out with the intention of being anti-escapist, but it completely backfired?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 8:52 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 12:29 am

LOL. Now that's America.

(I thought maybe this should go in the L&D forum.)

There Are Four Lights!

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 2:58 am

cathylynn wrote:
feelings are important, but when one is trying to achieve a positive outcome, logic can be indispensable. i tend to make decisions based on feelings and values. as i've matured, i've come to see the usefulness of logic and become more able to use it.

I seem to have gone the other way, from logic to feelings. Then I reflect and learn from it. I suppose in a way we all use both otherwise we would be very robotic or dramatic.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 3:35 am

More of Fluffy's relatives are turning up online.

There Are Four Lights!

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 7:59 am

Darmok wrote:
More of Fluffy's relatives are turning up online.

This is what happens when you let the hairdresser decide what suits you best.