Page 3533 of 4092 [ 65462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3530, 3531, 3532, 3533, 3534, 3535, 3536 ... 4092  Next

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 7:59 am

Darmok wrote:
More of Fluffy's relatives are turning up online.

This is what happens when you let the hairdresser decide what suits you best.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 11:16 am

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 1:31 pm

So sad! :(

There Are Four Lights!

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 7:31 pm

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 7:36 pm

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 7:41 pm

I'm learning about characters, concepts, and stories that are meant to be cautionary, or be seen as all around 'bad' and unlikable, yet the mass public, for lack of a better term, adores them.

"These guys are the bad guys, and no matter how vile or appalling they get, or what terrible things they do, they look cool, so people like them." That kind of thing.

Take the stormtroopers: they're supposed to be the bad guys, and have parallels to Nazism, yet merchandising and fandoms have taken over so much that no one really seems to notice that anymore.

It's like how some people think that Bellatrix Lestrange is the pinnacle of feminism, or want to be Harley Quinn. It's frightening, to me.

There's also the fact that a lot of people take pretty much any villain in existence, and get defensive and say things like 'oh, they're just misunderstood' or 'they just need love!', and then go on about how they, the fans, would redeem the villains and live happily ever after or whatever.

This is quite common in abusive situations, where the victim [I don't like that word] will stay in the relationship because 1) they feel "safe", because it's what they're familiar with; 2) they often, subconsciously, think that 'maybe one day a miracle will happen, and they will be nice to me/love me/ectc', and therefore stay; and 3) they don't even realize they are being abused.

Now, rapidly switching topics, I'm learning about product placement.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 7:48 pm

^^ I'd say I am up to my neck in mud at a minimum. Seems most of it is not my fight though. So I'll just ignore it until needed, someone said I have too many conspiracy theories and after thinking about it, they are kinda right. There is no sense in worrying over things that aren't my fight so until its right on top of me, it doesn't really matter. I can't control what others do around me or even to me, I can only control my reactions.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 7:54 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:

LOL. :D

(The previous part of your post can largely be summed up in the slang expression, "Chicks dig bad boys.")

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 8:29 pm

Mr. Tom Turkey stops the traffic to let the ladies cross. :D

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 10:42 pm

Love on the police radio: Officers stopped a suspicious car that had been circling the police station. Driver was quickly released: he was just waiting for his girlfriend to make bail. :heart:

There Are Four Lights!

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 1:36 am

Darmok wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:

LOL. :D

(The previous part of your post can largely be summed up in the slang expression, "Chicks dig bad boys.")

i had a bad boy once. totally over it. married a sweetie.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 1:37 am

Dragnet wrote:
^^ I'd say I am up to my neck in mud at a minimum. Seems most of it is not my fight though. So I'll just ignore it until needed, someone said I have too many conspiracy theories and after thinking about it, they are kinda right. There is no sense in worrying over things that aren't my fight so until its right on top of me, it doesn't really matter. I can't control what others do around me or even to me, I can only control my reactions.

good to hear from you. and good insight on what can be controlled by whom.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 1:42 am

I think I may stay up again to go down to the park at dawn. Four more hours to go. :?

There Are Four Lights!

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 4:32 am

Dragnet wrote:
I can't control what others do around me or even to me, I can only control my reactions.

Exactly. Great insight.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 1:12 pm

My therapist told me women in their 30's get tired of the bad boys and will be more willing to consider me a potential partner. Well, I am pushing 31 and I am still being overlooked by the opposite sex. :(

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 2:01 pm

Marknis wrote:
My therapist told me women in their 30's get tired of the bad boys and will be more willing to consider me a potential partner. Well, I am pushing 31 and I am still being overlooked by the opposite sex. :(

I don't usually agree much with councilors but she's right. Men have more chance of getting a serious female

partner who is between 30 and 40 than any other age group.

How old do you think you look Marknis?