Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

HisShadowX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Oct 2015, 10:55 am

Today is my interview the receptionist looked at my strangely as I look and dress professional. Looks like I am going to get denied on my looks.....AGAIN! For vocational rehab I had to get and state appointment disability attnorney in which they changed their decision quickly.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2015, 11:46 am

HisShadowX wrote:
Today is my interview the receptionist looked at my strangely as I look and dress professional. Looks like I am going to get denied on my looks.....AGAIN! For vocational rehab I had to get and state appointment disability attnorney in which they changed their decision quickly.

How you dress is about as important as eye contact. I s**t you not.

You roll in to work at Taco Bell for an interview with khakis and a white dress shirt, the manager will raise an eye brow. A little too much, unless you are 16, and they think "Oh isn't that cute".

Applying at a machine shop, I would not stroll in with a three piece suit.

I have worn jeans and a nice dressy-is top and nice shoes. I have worn corporate causal, and worn the suit gig. It is a hard call what to wear. You don't want to be more dressed up than the person interviewing you.

You don't want the interviewer to be distracted by your dress.

Could it have been something you said? Body language? Cologne? It might not have been your clothes or it could have been none of the above.

Interviews suck!