Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Myriad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Oct 2015, 9:43 am

Post something that irks you!

One of mine is the misuse of words, such as 'ironic' being used to mean 'coincidental'.

AQ: 39 / 50

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2015, 9:49 am

I hate it when the subway train stalls in the tunnel; I feel it's out of my control, and that it'll make me late for work, which would screw mightily with my routine.

Sometimes, I don't react too well when this happens.

I also don't like when somebody, say, insists that Atlanta has a warmer climate than Wilmington, NC because Atlanta is south of Wilmington, NC.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2015, 10:08 am

People driving their motorcycles or teenagers zooming their cars around the building I live in. Sometimes I'll be dropping off to sleep at night and then one of them will roar right by and I'll feel like I'm having a heart attack. I don't know what I'd give for a house that's sound-proof both inside and out.

I must have heard motorcycles go by about a hundred times last night. I wonder if the drivers know about me and how much I hate it and are doing it on purpose.

I don't always react well to sudden loud noises or movements, especially when in a vehicle. That's why I haven't used the bus for ages.

I find it annoying when cashiers at the store ask me questions or make comments about what I'm buying. Like a few weeks ago I was buying some groceries and the cashier had to ask me about the tub of spreadable cheese I was buying, which I like much much better than that nasty old Cheese Whiz in a jar. I told her it was like the cream cheese they sell in tubs, but it's cheddar cheese flavored. But deep down I'm thinking, "buy it yourself if you're really curious about it". Of course that's actually the least annoying thing they do. Moving at the speed of a snail and putting *me* on hold instead of whomever is on their phone is much worse. I wouldn't last two minutes doing their job, though.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2015, 10:25 am

Having a problem with a service or product that you can't solve online and having to use the customer 'service' line and having to wait for a long time for 'service'.
People who drive mountain roads like either it's a stock car race; or those people who seemingly panic at every curve and slow down to a ridiculous speed.
Snarky cashiers who cop an attitude towards you because you happen to be in their line and they get paid the same amount whether they serve customers or not.
Jerks who think only of themselves first, and who view the world from strictly their viewpoint and always look for advantages over everybody around them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2015, 12:02 am

Gender stereotypes.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2015, 12:16 am

no wifi

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2015, 12:50 am

Hipsters

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 10:51 am

One or two comments about store cashiers here, so.......

At our main supermarket, the cashiers often sit there yakking with customers ("Oooooh, how old is he...?), even if there are ten people in the queue. Then, when all the items have been scanned, the hapless customer suddenly realizes that he or she has to pay for the goods, and spends another minute or two trying to sort out the right amount of cash, or ferreting around looking for his or her wallet/purse.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 11:08 am

I hate it when I go in a convenience store like the Coop or a small Morrisons and I always end up stood behind someone at the till who seems to have done a full weeks shopping. Why the hell can't they do that at the big supermarket? All I want is a pouch of tobacco.

Plus, it always happens when I'm in a hurry to be somewhere and they behave like they've got all the time in the world.

It gives me queue rage.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 12:46 pm

When things are too contrived

Inauthenticity

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 1:40 pm

My computer being too slow and freezing up a lot.

I was really having this problem while trying to make cartoons on GoAnimate this weekend when there was a lot of, well, animation, on the frame. It also happens sometimes on YouTube. Not long ago I saw an update for my Firefox browser available but then I could no longer see videos on YouTube and removed it. There was a warning about the update later. Now I'm worried any update for Firefox will mess everything up. :(